How can I read my archived email in local folder

I have eM Client (V7) set to archive my email to local folders. I have located Local Folders on my harddrive (C:\Users\Us\AppData\Roaming\eM Client\Local Folders) and all files are .DAT extension. Menu/File/Open doesn’t appear to want to read .DAT files. I am obviously missing the correct approach to being able to access and read the archived emails. Can someone please help me out?

Hello Gary,

The archived e-mails should be viewed through eM Client. Please make sure that you can see your Local Folders  (Menu -> Tools ->Setting ->General - General - ‘Show Local Folders’ should be checked) in the left pane and then look for the Archive folder.

Regards,
Maurice

Thanks, Maurice. Did that and now Local Folders is in left panel. Restarted EmClient however no email is listed in the Inbox, Sent, Trash, etc subfolders. I checked the database location in settings and it is default value, C:\Users\Us\AppData\Roaming\eM Client. I manually ran the Archive Now command, but still no archives and archives should have been created as some email is old enuf.

Not sure if it is related, but EmClient says that it is NOT the default email client in my Windows 10 system. When I go to W10 Settings/Default Apps, EmClient is ALREADY listed as default.

Thx for your attention,
Gary, NJ

Maurice, NM, found the problem. Archive Scope was not set.
I should note that I did not find any references to setting scope in Help, I just stumbled on it by clicking on the individual acct’s Archive Scope setting. It was not apparent that was even an editable item, looked like info only. Just sayin’.

That’s a UI issue.

Thx,
G

Hello Gary,

Do I understand correctly that the archiving now works the way you’d like it to?

As for eM Client as the default application - the Default Apps tool in Windows 10 sometimes isn’t completely reliable, could you please set eM Client as default in Control Panel ->Programs -> Default Programs -> ‘Set your default programs’?

Regards,
Maurice

Archiving works now, yes.

I set eM Client to default as you suggested, via Control Panel.
Em Client Menu/Tools/General is still insisting it is not set as default. However, if I right click on a doc and select Send To/Mail Recient, Em Client is invoked. I can live with that.

Thanks for your help.

G