How can I get rid off the avatar pics?

Hi at all,
Ihm on Client version 9.0.1632. and I wonder how I can disable the avatar pics. It should be possible by right clicking on the top of the mail list and disable “show avatars”:

but there is no correspondenting option in my client:

Is this a Pro feature?
How can I disable the avatars?

Thx and brgds

Right-click blank area of horizontal columns line, click “Columns Configuration”, highlight “Avatar” and click “Remove”

1 Like

That worked perfect. Thx :slight_smile:

While I really like this feature in 9.0.1708, I could be wrong, but the splash screen and eM Client take many seconds to launch (I have an NVMe drive and fast system) and this wasn’t the case before with version 8.x.

I’d like to try disabling avatars (I changed them to small from regular) but I haven’t found a setting to disable them. I also noticed deduplicator is working during startup. I don’t see a setting for that either.

This is an optional tool which can’t run automatically.

Maybe you are referring to something else. Can you provide a screenshot showing it is running on startup?

@LL7977

I’d like to try disabling avatars (I changed them to small from regular) but I haven’t found a setting to disable them. I also noticed deduplicator is working during startup. I don’t see a setting for that either.

As per @sunriseal already advised above, Right-click blank area of horizontal columns line, click “Columns Configuration”, highlight “Avatar” and click “Remove”. No more Avatar.

Ps I personally do like the smaller Avatar though as I can then “immediately see” who the sender email is from. I then tag it a certain colour too. The smaller Avatar looks good in 2K res for me.

While I really like this feature in 9.0.1708, I could be wrong, but the splash screen and eM Client take many seconds to launch (I have an NVMe drive and fast system) and this wasn’t the case before with version 8.x.

The splash screen on my bros Samsung M2 SSD drive loads the eM Client (V9.1708) splash screen with 8GB of ram and a Gamer 8 GB video card with an i7 CPU in (2-3) secs. It’s a rocket computer. He runs Windows 10 & 11. Stock Windows and his Mac OS with eM Client V9.1717 with a stock OS upgraded to Monterey on HDMI 2. It has a fast SSD terrabyte drive & 8GB ram and Intel CPU on a late 2014 Minimac. Even the splash screen takes no more than 4secs which seems fine for an old Intel Minimac.

My Win 11 PC with eM Client (V9.1708) (loads in around 4-5 secs with a standard SSD 2.5" Clone SSD cheap drive with my i7 & 8GB of ram and also a 8GB video gamer card. Works ok for me. I also run a stock Windows unless I’m testing. My motherboard is many years old as well.