how can I delete my emails from the client without deleting them my online gmail account

I’m using em client 6. I want to delete them from my desktop client but keep them on line,

As I understand it, your desktop client is just a window into your online gmail account. You should be able to move things from the GMail folders into the local folders and remove them from online, but I doubt you could/should do the opposite.

Maybe you could move what you want to see locally into the local folders and then close the gmails view so you don’t have to see it.

I don’t understand what you mean??

I want keep my emails on line , But I want to delete from the desktop client to keep tidy,

But what’s been happening is when I delete from the client ,it deletes the online gmail on to.

Right. That’s how it works. The eM client is just a window into your GMail account.
When you’re running eM, you’re not storing your emails on your computer. They remain on the server (online). You’re just working with them in an understandable way.

You can tidy up your INBOX by either clicking the “Archive” button or by adding a ‘label’ to the email and removing the desktop label. In eM, you can just drag and drop to do that. In GMail, it’s completely non-intuitive.

By the way, your GMails are actually not deleted. They should be in your TRASH folder. If you delete them from there, they’re truly gone.

Just to be a little clearer…

You can tidy up your INBOX by either clicking the “Archive” button when in a particular email, or by adding a ‘label’ to that email and removing the INBOX label. In eM, you can just drag and drop to do that. In GMail, it’s completely non-intuitive.

Hi, do you use POP3 or IMAP?

anyway you can use Automatic archivation (or if server supports it then archivation for that folder) for this.

Jan