Hotmail Junk Folder not syncing timely

Hotmail/Outlook just recently updated and made it practically unusable.  Junk folder either not loading, or deleting my messages 3 times before they would stay deleted.  This caused me to look for another way to access my email.  I found em client and so far I really love the layout.  However, I am having a problem with it actually syncing the email.  My Junk Mail folder (which is where I send all incoming mail and sort it) is not staying synced.  There will be 2-3 hour gaps where then it will download a ton of emails.  I can try refreshing manually and it will not find the new mail.  It says it has synced with no errors but still doesn’t get the new messages.  I have to open the properties of the folder, then hit repair for it to actually pull down the new emails.  Is this something being cause by  Hotmail/Outlook or is this something in  emclient?  I really need timely email.  Is there anything I can do?

You can setup the account as Exchange. Go to Menu > Tools > Accounts and add the account by clicking on the + Icon. Then choose Mail > Exchange.