High memory usage

After being active for a while, the app gets a memory usage up to 1,3 GB.
Is this a bug or memory leak? Or is this normal?

MacOS 12.4
Em Client 9.0.1755
4 accounts

1 Like

If it is a bug then I think it’s either MacOS related or it’s something to do with the size of your inbox (possibly?). I am running eM Client on my Windows PC which I only reboot to apply Windows updates. My current uptime is 5 days and 17 hours, and eM Client has been running the entire time. My current RAM usage is 370.6 MB. I have never seen it get to 1+ GB of RAM usage on my PC.

To be very clear though, when my eM Client is running it is in the background minimized to the task bar. Is your client running in the foreground for extended periods? If not then I’m not sure what’s causing your instance to grow to the size that it is.

It’s always running in foreground. I’ll try to set it to the background

Tried above. No difference.
How can I reduce the high memory usage of eM Client?

Edit: v. 9.1.2082

1 Like

It has been an issue at least since eMClient released the Apple Silicon version. Even running in emulation mode the Intel version of Postbox uses around 300MB of memory. eMClient starts at around 625MB and slowly increases to be the biggest memory hog on my Mac mini. With every new version I try it again, but the issue is still there.

I first reported the problem back in December 2021.

Try the latest eM Client for Mac V9.1.2109 from the version history page.

Release History | eM Client

That’s what I’m running. I try each and every new version, hoping the memory leak will be sorted. At the moment it’s pointless saying eMClient supports macOS because it is unusable. Every other email client is fine, apart from eMClient. In fact pretty much every other macOS program is fine too . . .

@scgf

That’s what I’m running. I try each and every new version, hoping the memory leak will be sorted

Hopefully then eM Client will have an update soon for this memory leak issue as you say. If you are an eM Client Pro / Enterprise customer, suggest to submit a ticket via the Pro support page with Logs if you haven’t already to diagnose the problem.

At the moment it’s pointless saying eMClient supports macOS because it is unusable

Its not pointless saying eM Client supports Mac, as there is many Mac customers who don’t have memory leak issues (like myself with a Mini Mac) who run Intel cpu’s which don’t have issues, so it appears to be only an issue by the looks of things with Apples new M Series cpu.

OK, I’ll re-phrase that - eMClient does not effectively support any of Apple’s current computer products.