Help to restore mail_data.dat file (restore backup), eM Client free version

I couldn’t update Win10 b/c there was not enough room on drive C.
So I just moved 2 large files (mail_data.dat = 5.6 Gb and mail_fti.dat = 674 Mb) from this folder: 2845077c-d231-4345-8927-f54dd6e236f5 to a different HD.
I did not use backup option.
After Win10 update I tried to move both files to the same directory, replacing small auto generated files with same names, but it does not work.
I don’t see any of hundreds my emails in my INBOX and SENT folders.
Could you help, please.

After Win10 update I tried to move both files to the same directory, replacing small auto generated files with same names, but it does not work.

I did not use backup option.

If anything has changed in eM Client since you moved those files out of the hidden database folder “even if you put them back it usually doesn’t work”. You normally have to copy the complete eM Client hidden folder contents if you are going to move it & restore later.

The only thing you can try is a eg: Manual database repair but no guarantee it will work.

Close eM Client and open a Windows Command Prompt. Not a powershell, but a command prompt. Paste in this command including the leading "

"C:\Program Files (x86)\eM Client\MailClient.exe" /dbrepair

If that doesn’t work and you have no eM Client backup as you advised, then the only way to get the database back is either, if you have a complete computer harddisk image that you can restore the hidden folder from, or “if you have a backup copy of your Windows user profile” on an external or other internal drive you can restore it from there.

Now if you don’t have a recent harddisk complete image & no backup of your Windows user profile, then if you have an IMAP, Exchange, Office 365 or iCloud (Non POP) account, just remove your account and setup as new. All your emails etc will then sync back from your mail server just like before.

If you don’t have a backup and had a POP account or you had messages etc in eM Client Local Folders, unfortunately you will loose those old messages and have to setup as new again.

Thank you.
I tried:
Close eM Client and open a Windows Command Prompt. Not a powershell, but a command prompt. Paste in this command including the leading "
"C:\Program Files (x86)\eM Client\MailClient.exe" /dbrepair

and received this error message:

Microsoft.Data.Sqlite.SqliteException (0x80004005): SQLite Error 11: ‘database disk image is malformed’.
at Microsoft.Data.Sqlite.SqliteException.ThrowExceptionForRC(Int32 rc, sqlite3 db)
at Microsoft.Data.Sqlite.SqliteCommand.PrepareAndEnumerateStatements(Stopwatch timer)+MoveNext()
at Microsoft.Data.Sqlite.SqliteCommand.GetStatements(Stopwatch timer)+MoveNext()
at Microsoft.Data.Sqlite.SqliteDataReader.NextResult()
at Microsoft.Data.Sqlite.SqliteCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
at Microsoft.Data.Sqlite.SqliteCommand.ExecuteReader()
at Microsoft.Data.Sqlite.SqliteCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
at MailClient.Storage.Data.DataStore.GetConnectionInternal(String relativeName, Boolean privateConnection)
at MailClient.DbRepair.CorruptionChecker.CheckCorruption(RepairOptions repairOptions, CancellationToken token)
at MailClient.DbRepair.CheckingProcess.Check(CancellationToken token)
Data:
databaseFile: \2845077c-d231-4345-8927-f54dd6e236f5\mail_data.dat

Is there ANYTHING I can do ?

Microsoft.Data.Sqlite.SqliteException (0x80004005): SQLite Error 11: ‘database disk image is malformed’.

That means your eM Client database is seriously damaged and is beyond repair.

So you need to do “one of the other options I advised in my previous post above” if the repair didn’t work.

Note:- Once you do get everything going again, make regular eM Client backups in future.