Help needed with duplicating account on a new computer please :)

I have just put eMClient on my old computer as Windows Live was not allowing me to send any emails anymore.  I have sorted out all my personal folders and the emails that go in them.  Now I would like to have eMClient on my new computer instead of Windows 10 Mail and i’m not sure how to do this or the easiest way.  I would like a duplicate of what’s on my old computer on my new computer, can I do this and what is the easiest way for me to do it? 

Thank you for any help in advance :slight_smile:

The simplest way is to backup using eM Client’s own feature (Menu > File > Backup) then copying the backup file over to the new computer and using the restore feature (Menu > File > Restore).

You will find the backup file in \Documents\eM Client.

Thank you very much for your quick response Gary :slight_smile:

Will it back-up all my personal folders that I have done and restore them on my new computer?  And will I be able to use eMClient on both computers? 

Will I have to make a new account or do I have to log in with the same details on the new computer?

Sorry for all the questions but it’s quite baffling!

Thanks again!

It will make an exact copy of what was on the old one. So all your folders and messages will be there. All your contacts, and events. Your email account will already be setup and ready to go.

If you are using a Free License, you will need a separate one to use on the second computer if you want to use eM Client on both. You can register under a different email address to do that. Or if you are not going to use the old computer, you can deactivate in on the old and activate it on the new. (Menu > Help > License)

Sorry for the late reply.  I will be trying all the above sometime this week and thank you very much for your help!

what if it is the same computer just post reset and I didn’t do a backup before doing the reset?

If you did not make a backup then you would have nothing to restore. If your email account was previously setup as IMAP or Exchange, then adding the account to the new eM Client installation will sync it with the server and you will have the same data you had before.

If it was setup as POP3, then it is unlikely that you will be able to recover your data. However, depending on how you reset your computer, the old Windows user profile might still be on the computer, in which case you could recover your eM Client database.

I was using a POP3 account. There is a folder on the desktop with a list of removed apps and all of the pre-reset emC files seem to be in the program files folder. Do you think I can get my contacts?

The folder you need from the old Windows is called C:\Users_username_\AppData\Roaming\eM Client. The username will be your login name from the previous Windows installation.

If you can locate that, make sure eM Client is closed, then copy the \eM Client\ folder and all it’s contents to your current C:\Users_username_\AppData\Roaming\ location on the new Windows installation.