HELP: "Incorrect authentication data: SMTP Password"

I can receive emails fine.  However, on sending new outgoing mail I am presented with an error message that reads:

“Incorrect authentication data: SMTP Password”

The passwords entered match those in the account settings, and I have not changed the passwords.  At present I can not send outgoing mail.  Please advise urgently

Hello Nick, I’m not quite sure what exact error message you’re referring to, can you please make a screenshot of the error and submit it to us here on the forum? What version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check the exact release number in Help > About? What mail service are you using with eM Client?

Are you using any security software on your computer?

I’m afraid that if an error suggests the password is incorrect, the application is really unable to authenticate with the server using this password as the server can’t authorise the mail, is your server using authentication while sending mail over the SMTP server? Are you able to receive messages using the setup account?

Regards,

Thanks for your response.

I am currently using:  version 6.0.22344.0

I am unsure which email service I am using because it is a bespoke address and I didn’t setup the account.  The email suffix is @ltiller.co.uk

I am using a free antivirus software on the PC.  I believe emClient it is using the SMTP server.  I am currently receiving messages fine but unable to send them in return.  I have uploaded a screenshot of the error message below.

Any further advice much appreciated.  

llo Nick, seems like you’re most likely using incorrect authentication credentials, your username should be either your email address or the first part of the email that includes your username e.g. [email protected] or username.

Make sure to adjust your authentication credentials in Tools > Accounts > Your account > Authentication or in the appropriate tabs for each synchronisations service such as IMAP or POP3

Thank you,