Hello, I have been trying to enter activation key - free version - error message: "The licensing server indicates an internal error

Hello, I have been trying to enter activation key for free version - navigating to Help>License>Activate. Receiving error message: “The licensing server indicates an internal error (Missing required fields.) Please contact vendor to assist you with the activation.” eM Client Version: 6.0.23421.0  thank you

Hi,
there seems to be no problem with your license on our server.
Could you please try checking if you can connect to the licensing server from your computer?
You will need to use Internet Explorer, download Microsoft SilverLight and then try to access http://licensing.emclient.com/
Let me know if the login option shows up.

Regads,
Olivia

Hi Olivia,  Thanks for your reply.  I have followed your instructions and the login option does show up.  Please advise further steps.  Thank you.

Hi,
there have been some small changes on our servers, can you try if the issue still persists?
If so, can you go Check for update… in the hHelp section to check if you can connect to the server through that?

Regards,
Olivia

Hi Olivia,  I have tried again and the issue still persists.  Additionally, I have gone to Check for Update and get the answer: “There is no update available”

Please advise, thanks.

Hi,
this is indeed very strange, seeing as you are not running the latest version.
Can you manually install the update from this installation file - http://www.emclient.com/dist/v6.0.241… and see if the issue is fixed?

Regards,
Olivia

Hi Olivia,

I have manually installed the update.  Version is now 6.0.24144.0

Next, I have again gone to Check for Update and get the answer: “There is no update available”.  

I have tried entering the activation key again and the issue still persists. 

Please advise, thanks for you help to date.

Hi Olivia,

Issue still persists.  Please advise.

Hi Olivia,

Issue still persists.  Please advise.

Issue still persists.  Have you been on holidays, Olivia?

Hi Gotasec,
I am very sorry for the delayed reply, we have been very busy, but I apologize for overlooking your post for this long.
We had big problem which generated the same error as you have with our German servers recently - is that your area, perhaps?
Are you still experiencing the issue or has it been solved?

Regards,
Olivia