Having Trouble with Importing DBX files , Any Input will be Appreciated!

The green bar indicates its going to copy about 900 emails or so but only 9 email Drafts gets copied each time I try. Below is a screenshot.Plus a screenshot showing eM Client after the import. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

eM Client does not import dbx files. How are you doing the import?

It does import dbx files. under file, Import, select Outlook Express, then select a folder where the dbx files are located. It is importing 9 file dbx files for me, the problem I am having is there is a lot more its not importing for some reason

Yes, but you are not selecting a file, you are selecting a folder.

Maybe try a selective import, so don’t import everything, do just the Inbox. See if there is any difference.

For importing dbx files you can only choose a folder

https://www.bitrecover.com/blog/import-outlook-express-to-em-client/

Plus, how do I import EML files into Outlook?

Look at the screen shot

Idacil, for questions about Outlook, you should ask on an Outlook forum. But most email clients can open eml files, so you can try dragging the eml files from Explorer to Outlook. It works with other email clients.

carmax17, yes that is copied from eM Client’s own documentation. If you need to find some help, just press F1. It might not have been updated in a while, but it is probably better to refer to own documentation before looking for third-party instructions. 

Gary, I merely responded to your suggestion of being selective like choosing an inbox to import that it was not an option. As far as needing help I merely responded to a user who was looking for help by posting a screenshot, I myself was not looking for help since from my original post. I google a query and take the first that comes up, in this case not eMclient but a third party as you said using eMclient instructions. My main objective is to try provide assistance to a question no matter where it comes from.

Okay, Gary.
Please explain the procedure to drag the EML files from Explorer to Outlook.

This is a common Windows procedure. You open MS Outlook, then you open Windows Explorer. Select one or more eml files in Explorer and drag them to a folder like Inbox, and drop them there.

Ok. 
Another question, Gary.
Is there a way to import a Gmail folder into the eM Client?

You can setup a Gmail account in eM Client. During the setup if you chose IMAP and enable IMAP in Gmail if not already enabled, it will then start two way communication between Gmail & eM Client so that any change made in one will automatically happen in the other. Once connected to Gmai,l eM Client will download all emails, calendar, & contacts info.

Ok, but I would like to import to oeM client just a folder from my Gmail.

Hi Idacil,

Gmail doesn’t have folders - just Labels.

Regardless ,you can still get what you want, but in a roundabout way
You can use Google TakeOut

When you’re logged in to Gmail, login to Google Takeout
https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/3024190?hl=en
https://takeout.google.com/settings/takeout

Scroll down to Email and select the “folder” -Label - that you’re interested in.
Untick pre-ticked labels. You can select the format the file comes in - like zip file.
This will contain the messages, but in mbox format

Unzip the downloaded file to a named folder.
Now go to eM Client and import 
https://www.emclient.com/webdocumentation/en/7.0/eMClient/Default.htm#Getting%20Started/Import/Impor…

Take your time to explore G. Takeout til you are familiar with the procedure

Peter.

Thanks, Peter.

Hi Idacil,

Thanks is nice, but nicer is if you tell me that it worked …
Are there any obstacles?

Peter, I report that I solved the problem by adding my Gmail account in the In client, I copied the desired folder from Gmail to the personal folders of the eM Client and, after it was copied, I deleted my Gmail from client.  Thank you for your attention.

Idacil,
 Thanks for the feedback and reporting that you were successful in achieving your goal.

Yes, there are more ways than one, but you had to download all the mail for the sake of 1 “folder”…
In general it’s far effectiever to use the takout method, especially in the case of a large Gmail account with thousands- or tens of thousands of emails.
That’s all apart from connecton- and downloading- problems via eM Client.which can be many - see the forum…

it worked for you because you only had 1 mail account in eM Client and a relatively
small number of emails in Gmail…

Overall. though, the takeout method is the preferred one in cases like yours.
Not because I say so, but facts are facts and I can’t change them…
Timewise, the selective- pinpointed- method will always be faster than the “bulk” method for 1 “folder” …

But I’m glad that you got what you wanted.

Idacil,
 Thanks for the feedback and reporting that you were successful in achieving your goal.

Yes, there are more ways than one, but you had to download all the mail for the sake of 1 “folder”…
In general it’s far effectiever to use the takout method, especially in the case of a large Gmail account with thousands- or tens of thousands of emails.
That’s all apart from connecton- and downloading- problems via eM Client.which can be many - see the forum…

it worked for you because you only had 1 mail account in eM Client and a relatively
small number of emails in Gmail…

Overall. though, the takeout method is the preferred one in cases like yours.
Not because I say so, but facts are facts and I can’t change them…
Timewise, the selective- pinpointed- method will always be faster than the “bulk” method for 1 “folder” …

But I’m glad that you got what you wanted.