goole cookies

New eM update problem. Now with the new  update, when I try to get my gmail email I get message saying cookies are not enbaled and are needed to login to my account.
Well my cookies are enabled and any help from google only talks about chrome cookies.
I could not get it to work. So I uninstall the new eM program and went back to the install I had before. Everything works fine again.
So what is the fix or what dont I know that noone had told me.
Bottom line is the new update is not usable to me.
I am sure I cant be to only one…
What to do. any help please
Thnaks
chris

No problem with the update on my end everything went great. I have had no problems with eM since I first installed it

So are you using gmail.

I don’t have this problem before and after update.  Sorry, I can’t help you, but I’m sure there is a solution.

Hi I seem to have got over the problem. I may have had googles cookies set to not allow in my cookies setting. I deleted all my cookies listed under managed sites and reset all cookies to accept all. Did a registry scan and fixed any issues. Then installed and this time it worked.

Thanks for the feedback if only to tell that it must be my end.

Thank

Hello Chris, sorry about the inconvenience the new update has caused, but I’m glad you were able to resolve the issue, please make sure to let us know if you come across any other issues or questions about the application, we’ll be happy to help.

Thank you.

Cleared cookies in IE, still have the same problem with the 'Oops! Your browser seems to have cookies disabled. Make sure cookies are enabled or try opening a new browser window. [?] ’

Hello Lars, sorry about the inconvenience, if you open Internet Explorer and try to perform the authentication, are you able to perform the authentication process completely?

If not, can you please make sure your cookies are enabled in IE and possibly make a screenshot of your Cookie settings from IE > Internet Options > Privacy > Advanced?

Thank you.

I just installed the latest version of eM Client.  I have latest version of chrome.  I have enabled cookies, deleted current cookies and clear all history,  I have no blocked addresses,  I still have the same situation.  I downloaded a cc cleaner but apparently the cookies option is only for IE.  I have not been able to use the product. Please advice !!

Not completely sure what you’re suggesting, unfortunately eM Client is not yet running on Chromium (WebKit) and thus Chrome settings are not relevant to eM Client’s features, please make sure to enable Cookies for Internet Explorer in IE > Internet Options > Privacy > Advanced.

In case the issue persists and you’re unable to authenticate, please specify the application’s behavior or possibly add a screenshot of the issue you’re experiencing.

Thank you.

Why write an application that depends on the crappiest browser on the market?

Hello Lars, great question, eM Client is built on the .NET framework and when we’ve initially released the application it seemed like a good idea since there were no comparable options for our developers at the time.
Personally I agree that it might seem like a wrong idea nowadays, however note that this platform has allowed us to develop a great competitor for current windows email clients, even though we’ve eventually hit certain limitations with IE.

We’re however working on a new release that will be built on WebKit, hopefully it won’t turn out to be a bad idea in the next 6 years or so.

Hope this helps.

Hi Paul. Now we have a problem…my wife is using IE for her gmail account. What will happen if I clear the cookies for IE to get this working? Will her gmail work?
Don’t get me started on wife and computers (at least in my case) if she can’t read her emails… :slight_smile:

Hello Lars, clearing cookies or resetting the browser will not make your wife’s account inaccessible, however you may have to go through some of the logins agains, e.g. some passwords may be required even if you’ve set them to be remembered by the browser already.

However everything should work as you’re used to after clearing cookies.

Paul