google login

each time EM client start I have to login to gmail accounts. I have two account, on two step authentication. The other is a normal login with username / password only. Both has the same issue.

Hello, sorry to see this, what version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check the exact release number in Help > About? Are you able to synchronise your messages if you dismiss the authentication window?

Are you using any security software on your computer, that may have disabled the application’s ability to connect to the server?

Regards,

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

The version I use is 6.0.22344.0

Sometimes I’m able to ignore the message, but most of the time I have to go though the authentication and authorization process before sync will occur.

Security software locally installed is Symantec endpoint protection, but not for firewalling. If it find something it should write a log. No entries in the log.

Please update your eM Client to this release, 6.0.23181.0 and check if the behaviour improves, unfortunately reports are showing that some users are having this issue while using eM Client with Gmail, but unfortunately we are unable to reproduce the problem in a testing environment, we’re however still collecting new data that could hopefully point us in a right direction.

The root of this problems seems to be an invalid (or old) token that’s being sent between the client and the server, in most cases if you dismiss the authentication window, eM Client should be able to reconnect with the server on a second go, unless it wasn’t authorised to access the account at all, we’re however not quite sure what may be causing this, because the re-sync process if you dismiss the authentication window doesn’t seem to be repeating the invalid query to the server.

Regards,

it’s better, but not solved.

When I cancel the authentication via the red cross, most sync succeed. But when I come from an offline situation (where the client could not connect to the servers, but is started) then these authentication come back and cannot stop. Even when I login, I have to authorize the client each time and direct after the login prompt appears