Google deprecation of contacts-api, migration to People API

[Google Contacts]Uploading item(s) to folder @gmail.com/Contacts’ failed due to the following error: Execution of request failed: https://www.google.com/m8/feeds/groups/default/full?start-index=1&max-results=*** (Contacts API is being deprecated. Migrate to People API to retain programmatic access to Google Contacts.
See https://developers.google.com/people/contacts-api-migration.)

I am receiving the above error any time eM Client is doing a full synchronization, or if I am touching my contacts through eM client in any way. Please advise if the development team is actively working on migrating to Google’s “people-api”

As of 6/2021 you must be on vers 8.2.x of eMC for your issue to be resolved.

Use this LINK for current version.

Okay, I made the mistake of not checking for updates first.
Now that I’m on the current version of eM Client, I now get error:

[Google Contacts]Uploading item(s) to folder ‘…@gmail.com/Contacts’ failed due to the following error: Parameter validation failed for “resourceName” : The value did not match the regular expression ^people/[^/]+$

You might want to remove the Gmail account from eMC and re-add it.

I am receiving the same notification. It appears that I have version 9. Where do I look to find the exact version that I am running? Thanks.

You will find the version in Menu > Help > About.

What notification are you receiving?

1. If it is about the Contacts API is being deprecated, you will need to upgrade to at least 8.2 or later if you are using an older version.

2. If it is about the value did not match the regular expression ^people/[^/]+$. go to the Contacts section of eM Client, then by right-click on the Gmail Contacts folder, choose Properties > Repair > Repair. This will resync the contacts with Google and the error should disappear.

You are right. I have an older version. But, when I click Help>check for update, nothing seems to happen.

There were some version 7 releases where the check for update did not work.

You can download the latest version from the Release History if you have a Free license, or the most recent version that your license allows that is listed there if you have a Pro license.

If your Pro license is only for version 7, then you will need to disable the Google Contacts service in Menu > Accounts, then in the General tab for that account, as you can’t use any later versions with that license.

I am now running the latest version. It did show the 2nd prompt and I did the >repair.>repair. Everything looks great now. Thanks, Thanks, Thanks!