google contacts sync issue

Just out of curiosity, I had a peek at Fieldston Software’s web site, they wrote a conduit for Microsoft Outlook to Google (and other platforms) for synchronisation support (which I was using until just recently), and they too are reporting an API issue and waiting for Google to correct.

The open source project “Outlook CalDav Synchronizer” is also reporting the same issue.

A simultaneous failure of same functionality for multiple applications all referring to Google is a little too coincidental to assume that the eM Client platform is at fault here.

I assume that eM Client has reported this issue to Google, and that it will be addressed soon; I hope. Otherwise it is going to create a rather severe hole in many third party applications.

It does not appear that the specific connected server affects my eM Client failure: Starbucks, Panera Bread, Xfinity all fail with the same error message. When using Chrome to connect to Google contacts, all appears OK.

Using a web browser means a different protocol, so that is probably why.

Same issue here. I opened a ticket 2 days ago

Same issue here. I have tried everything to resolve it,even deleting allmy google contacts via the web interface.
After deletion, and test, still showing the same error, I restored my contacts to the week previous via the web interface.
This has been going on for days. Has anyone seen any response from Google or from anyone else that actually resolves this?

As the problem is with Google, nothing you do will fix it! I am experiencing the exact same issues on Gnome Evolution that is connected to a GMail account, so it is not limited to only one email client.

Anyone know it any progress has been made with this issue?  Day 3.  Still not working!

If this is indeed a Google only problem, it may or may never be fixed. These sort of things are not high priority for Google…unfortunate. I hope this will not be the case and it will be fixed soon.
I still am struggling that this is a Google only problem as my other contact apps are syncing without any errors for the same account.
I encourage eM Client to reach out to Google to try and sort this problem out.

Indeed.  If this is not fixed I will have to move away from emClient for another client.  That would be a real shame as I truly am a big fan of emClient.

Syncing Google contacts with other clients is having the same issues. Moving away from eM Client will not solve the problem. Maybe find a different contact provider?

I realize that there are other clients experiencing the same problem…though not all. Both my Windows 10 People app and all my Android contact apps are syncing normally without errors for the same account. Let’s hope that these problems will be resolved soon :slight_smile:

If that’s the case i think an update (client) should be a priority to Em client.
What about the pro license which is paid ?

There is no difference between the Pro and Free License in this regard. They are equally affected.

I found this on Stack Overflow:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/51010281/google-contact-contactsquery-gdata-api-returning-interm…

I did have one customer today report the error magically disappeared without any changes on their part.

Maybe their is hope!

What i ment Gary is that the pro license is paid and some people have no service for what they paid for…

My built in Windows  10 People App is syncing fine along with my Android phone BlueMail app, 

I use BlueMail too no syncing problems

Just downloaded mailbird for testing…contacts sync is working fine !!!

Got a reply from eM Client to my ticket saying it was Googles problem and not an eM Client issue.  Hmmmm.

Yet other clients are working fine…  Interesting.