Google Chat not setup correctly

I set up EMClient using my Google Workspace account. Everything synced over except Chat. It shows me as online, but it does not show my groups or regular contacts. Plus, one of my employees sent me a Chat today and it only came through on my regular Gmail browser screen, not in EMClient.

The XMPP registration shows “talk.google.com.” Is that correct? What there something I was supposed to do at setup to enable Chat?

I think you might have run into this: Talk Help

Looks like Google Talk is being shutdown. Google has been on a roll recently shutting down things, but then again Google is known for that.

I am not sure if eM Client supports Google Chat, maybe someone else on the forum can answer that. My guess is no since I think eM Client uses XMPP which is what Google is shutting down.

am not sure if eM Client supports Google Chat, maybe someone else on the forum can answer that. My guess is no since I think eM Client uses XMPP which is what Google is shutting down.

Yes I wondered that too if Google then might update their API to support the new replacement chat to them update in eM Client.