[Google Calendar] MailClient.Storage.Application.OperationException

I get this message each time I open eM Client ver 8:
[Google Calendar] MailClient.Storage.Application.OperationException: Detecting default task failed due to the following error: Not Found
2020-07-17 8:57:42 AM —> The service tasks has thrown an exception: Google.GoogleApiException: Google.Apis.Requests.RequestError
2020-07-17 8:57:42 AM Not Found [404]

I click “ignore” and it goes away. Rest of s/w package works ok.

On PC OS Win 10 “Google Calendar” is not being used.
eM Client > menu > accounts > General tab Services > Google Calendar - uncheck.
Issue resolved.

Hi Buddy,
this issue is caused by the fact that the Task service is disabled on the server but Google calendar still reports it and then throws a “Not Found” error.
We have added a work-around to ignore these errors in the latest version https://www.emclient.com/dist/v8.0.3283/setup.msi

Hi @Olivia_Rust and @Buddy,

I hope you don’t mind that I step in this thread. It seems to me that I have a similar problem as Buddy.

I use eM Client for a lot of years without problem for email synchronisation with a Google account and for agenda synchronisation (CalDAV) with calendars on my Synology NAS. Since eM Client version 8 a get the following error every time when the calendar synchronisation takes place (sorry for the Dutch language). Installing the latest eM Client (ver 3283) does not solve this behavior.

“22:45:11 MySynologyNAS [CardDAV / CardDAV] MailClient.Storage.Application.OperationException: Het synchroniseren van MySynologyNAS/Inbox is mislukt vanwege de volgende fout: MySynologyNAS Not Allowed.”

I got this error never before and I do not know how to solved it. Please help!

Hello,
This worked for me on my PC. OS Win 10.
eM Client > menu > accounts > General tab Services > Google Calendar - uncheck.
Issue resolved. Buddy.

Hi Hoorna,
the fix we provided was for a new, specific issue with Gmail/G Suite accounts, so unfortunately it could not help in your case.

To analyze your issue further we would need full CalDAV logs.
Please go to Menu>Settings>Advanced
Enable CalDAV logging for the affected account
Restart eM Client
Wait for the error to pop up, open your Calendar, etc.
Send me these log files (location set in Advanced settings) to [email protected]

Ideally include your calendar account setup from Menu>Accounts, please.

Thank you for your cooperation.