Google calendar - duplicate entries, wrong times

Hi,

I’m having a problem with a Google Calendar. For some events, which seem to be recurring events (though I don’t know it’s limited to recurring events), they’re showing up twice on my calendar at two different times. For example, I’ve got the same meeting at 1:00 and 2:00. There’s a “recurring” icon on the one at 1:00, and there’s not on the 2:00 meeting.

The meeting is actually scheduled for 2:00 (and if I open the 1:00 meeting it says in the details it’s at 2:00).

If I open the 2:00 meeting, eM Client crashes. The error is below.

I don’t see this in any other calendar client synced to the same Google calendar. For example, I don’t see this in Outlook on Windows 10, in calendar on my iPhone, or calendar on my Mac. And I don’t see it in Google itself, obviously.

I could try deleting the local calendar data and re-syncing but I don’t know how. I tried disabling the calendar and then re-enabling it. I also have manually clicked on Refresh and that didn’t help.

Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Peter

Error starts with:

eM Client 8.0.3494.0 false macOS N/A, Version 11.0.1 (Build 20B29) 4.0.50524.0 System.NullReferenceException Object reference not set to an instance of an object MailClient.Accounts MailClient.Accounts.dll 100663997 MailClient.Accounts, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

Maybe you have added the calendar twice; once as an account, and once as an Internet Calendar. Or maybe once as a Google Calendar and once as a Gmail account.

You can remove the Google Calendar by deleting the account in Menu > Accounts.

Thanks for the suggestion. I checked, it’s only added once, as part of the main account. If I uncheck “Calendar” from the IMAP page, all of the entries disappear, including the duplicates.

A very good option is to download your google calendar as an .ics file.
Then stop the google calendar service from your accounts service in Em Client.
Create in EMC a new calendar where you will import the calendar data.
There will be no problem in the future.

Does that mean EMC can’t reliably sync with Google Calendar?

Then the calendar is no longer synced with your phone or tablet.

There was a time in version 7 where a few users had issues syncing with Google Calendar. But it was that the calendar would not regularly update, so it is something different. In version 8 the sync is excellent.

What does the calendar look like in the Google web interface? If the duplicates are there, then they will sync with eM Client.

Hi,

Our company uses Google for all email, calendar, etc. So I don’t have a choice but to share my personal notes with Google.

I need the calendar to be always in sync - not a one-time event. I paid $50 for this software and I expect it to be functional. I don’t think that’s too much to expect. Right now I’m having problems with these duplicates, and I’ve also noticed that it’s not displaying the correct status for events (busy, tentative). Everything looks perfectly correct in every other email/calendar client that I’ve tried, including in Google Calendar in my browser. It is only an issue with EMC.

Thanks,
Peter

Best advice - open a support ticket directly with eM Client. As a Pro License user have have access to VIP Support, so make use of it.

But eM Client syncs just fine with Google Calendar, so I think there is something unusual about your setup. Sometimes users add the same calendar twice, once as an Internet Calendar, and once as an account. Or maybe the calendar is appearing twice in the list of folders for some reason. Support will be able to advise you further, or even access your computer remotely to check your setup.