Google Calendar: Can't edit recurring all-day events

I have a number of recurring all-day events in Google Calenday, and I need to be able to update information in each of the events as they approach. However, when I edit the information as needed (after choosing “This” event), and save the changes, I get the little “Event Saved” notification, but the event immediately reverts to it’s previous state. This occurs on more than one computer. I just started having this problem this week.

I can edit other events, including single all day events and recurring scheduled events.

I noticed the same issue since a recent upgrade. The workaround for me has been to make the modification in Google calendar and then emClient updates properly when refreshed.

I have the same problem.

a) When I want to move (drag and drop) a recurring all-day event to another day, it no longer works. In the past, eM Client asked me if the change should be for this or all events. But now, this dialog doesn’t appear any longer and it’s not possible to move a recurring all-day event to another day.

b) I can no longer assign labels to recurring all-day events, which is quite critical for my workflow.

Repairing the calendars didn’t change anything.

Can this be fixed, please?

Same problem here…
[Ok, more characters. [An error occurred: Body is too short (minimum is 20 characters)]

same here - at least I’m not alone - this is a major PIA. Am currently on v9.2.2157 (5b49542)

@GerenM

I have a number of recurring all-day events in Google Calendar, and I need to be able to update information in each of the events as they approach. However, when I edit the information as needed (after choosing “This” event), and save the changes, I get the little “Event Saved” notification, but the event immediately reverts to it’s previous state.

Using the latest eM Client v9.2.2157 for Windows, i can “edit and save” All Day Recurring events using my Google Calendar and that reflects the changes ok in eM Client and online in Google Calendar. So might be to do with specific fields you are editing or changing within the All Day Recurring event.

What eM Client All Day event fields are you changing in your All Day Recurring events ?

Can you do a screenshot example of how you have setup your All Day Recurring event. Blank out anything personal.

@cyberzork

I’ve created a small video to explain the issue: https://youtu.be/2ysGlDDbslM

@Lorenz

I’ve created a small video to explain the issue: https://youtu.be/2ysGlDDbslM

What do you have as your All-Day event “Recurrence” as in my example below ? Can you do a screenshot of what you have. Blank out anything personal.

Here is the screenshot:

@Lorenz

Ok so you are trying to change a specific day date or tag etc “within the normal weekly recurring all-day event cycle” where you normally wouldn’t be doing that for a recurring all-day event.

eg: I think in this scenario clicking the “This” option to just modify one day within the All-Day Recurring event cycle "may not allow you to do that “intentionally unless it is a bug”. I don’t know. This same scenario also happens with the Mac eM Client version when i tested that just now, so it could be programmed that way. Need feedback from eM Client if this is intentional or if it is a bug.

Normally if you setup Recurring All-Day events, you would click either the “All” or “This and Future” buttons which then modifies the actual Recurring event for every day or every week etc from that day onwards in the cycle which is how i have allways done it and why it worked for me. Ive never tried to modify just a single day using the “This” button within the All-Day Recurring event cycle.

@Gary Should you be able to click “This” and modify a specific date or tag change “within the Recurring All-Day event cycle” as per the video link example above in @Lorenz post ? I think this subject came up sometime ago, but i cannot remember the outcome & carn’t find the post on it.

Thank you @cyberzork

Two additional notes:

a) What I’ve showed in the video worked perfectly until ~ two months.

b) I can do such a change in the Google Calendar (there is also the “this” button), and then it is correctly synced in eM Client.

@Lorenz

b) I can do such a change in the Google Calendar (there is also the “this” button), and then it is correctly synced in eM Client.

Yes i can replicate Google Calendar online via a browser does appear to allow you to change a specific date “within the Recurring All-Day event” via the “This” option online that appears when you save.

a) What I’ve showed in the video worked perfectly until ~ two months.

I’ve tested the previous two eM Client Windows version 9.2.2093 Wednesday, August 23, 2023 &
version 9.2.2054 Tuesday, July 25, 2023 and “both do exactly the same thing” as what you are experiencing. So if this was working two months ago, it must have been with a much older version.

I’ll submit this in a ticket to support as a problem to be investigated.

1 Like

I have exactly the same thing - but also with normal series appointments (even if they are not full-day appointments)
It is very important for me to change individual appointments in a series.
However, these are not synchronised with Google Calendar.
Please help.
Thank you!

Ich habe genau das Gleiche - aber auch bei normalen Serienterminen (auch wenn es keine ganztags-termine sind)
Es ist sehr wichtig für mich, einzelne Termine einer Serie zu ändern.
Diese werden dann aber nicht mit Google Calendar synchronisiert.
Bitte helfen.
Danke!