Google Cal sync error

Hi, I’ve set up Google Cal sync but get this message:

“[Google Calendar]Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/Calendar’ failed due to the following error: The calendar doesn’t contain a timezone ‘TZID=Antarctica/Troll’ referenced from its components.”
This sometimes makes eM crash as well.

Any help appreciated.

I’ve set up Google Cal sync

Do you mean you have setup your Google Calendar online to sync with another Non Google Calendar and then trying to get that to work with eM Client Google Calendar ? If so what other calendar are you trying to sync.

Could we get more information on this, and how you setup the Google Cal sync.

The calendar doesn’t contain a timezone ‘TZID=Antarctica/Troll’

This might be something to do with your “time zone setup on your local computer Win OS or Mac OS” with Google Calendar time zone online.

So check your “local OS time zone” is set correctly and also your “Google Calendar time zone” online is set correctly.

To setup your Google Calendar time zone go to the following Google Calendar Settings / Timezone page. Google Calendar - General settings

Hi,
I have an online Google account which I have connected to in eM, no intermediary other calendars. I just it up through “Accounts” and checked email and calendar.
My timezones are set up correctly (if by correctly you mean they are the same), I use Win 11 if that makes any difference. I run eM in Win 8 compatibility mode due to crashing, but this doesn’t seem to affect the calendar situation.
I looked at the log and here it is:

>     10:39:09 [email protected] [Google Calendar] MailClient.Storage.Application.OperationException: Synchronizing folder '[email protected]/Calendar' failed due to the following error: The calendar doesn't contain a timezone 'TZID=Antarctica/Troll' referenced from its components.
          ---> System.FormatException: The calendar doesn't contain a timezone 'TZID=Antarctica/Troll' referenced from its components.
            at MailClient.Schedule.ScheduleConvert.GetTimeZone(TimeZone timeZone, Property dtProperty)
            at MailClient.Schedule.ScheduleConvert.UpdateRecurrence(IScheduleObject scheduleObject, Calendar calendar, ScheduleComponent updatingComponent)
            at MailClient.Protocols.Gdata.EventConvert.ConvertEvent(Folder folder, Event evnt, TimeZoneInfo defaultTimezone)
            at MailClient.Protocols.Gdata.CalendarItemSynchronizer.EventsToItems(Folder folder, IEnumerable`1 events, String defaultTimezoneName)+MoveNext()
            at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.InsertRange(Int32 index, IEnumerable`1 collection)
            at MailClient.Protocols.Common.ItemSynchronizeContext`2.<>c__DisplayClass18_0`3.<Synchronize>g__FlushItems|1(Int32 threshold)
            at MailClient.Protocols.Common.ItemSynchronizeContext`2.Synchronize[T,TUid,TVid](SynchronizationType synchronizationType, IEnumerable`1 items, Func`2 getUniqueId, Func`2 getVersionId, Func`3 hasChanged, Func`2 isDeleted, Func`2 convertItems, Action`2 updateItem)
            at MailClient.Protocols.Gdata.CalendarItemSynchronizer.Synchronize(IItemSynchronizeContext`1 synchronizeContext, Folder folder, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
            at MailClient.Protocols.Common.ItemSynchronizer`2.<>c__DisplayClass37_1.<EnqueueSynchronize>b__6(WorkerStatus status, CancellationToken ct)
            at MailClient.Protocols.Gdata.GenericGapiCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
            --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
            at MailClient.Protocols.Gdata.GenericGapiCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
            at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)
           EnqueuedStackTrace =
                at MailClient.Protocols.Common.ItemSynchronizer`2.<>c__DisplayClass37_1.<EnqueueSynchronize>g__RunSynchronize|2()
                at MailClient.Protocols.Common.ItemSynchronizer`2.<>c__DisplayClass37_0.<EnqueueSynchronize>b__0()
                at MailClient.Protocols.Common.AccountBase.RunIfOnline(Action actionIfOnline, Action actionIfOffline)
                at MailClient.Protocols.Common.ItemSynchronizer`2.EnqueueSynchronize(Folder folder, Boolean fast, CancellationToken cancellationToken, Action`1 completed)
                at MailClient.Protocols.Common.ItemSynchronizer`2.MailClient.Storage.Synchronization.IItemSynchronizer<TStorageItem>.Synchronize(Folder folder, SynchronizationPriority priority, Action`1 completed)
                at MailClient.Storage.Application.ItemCollection`2.Synchronize(SynchronizationPriority priority, Action`1 completed)
                at MailClient.Storage.Application.Folder.Synchronize(SynchronizationPriority priority)
                at MailClient.Storage.Application.Folder.Synchronize(Boolean forced)
                at MailClient.Protocols.Common.FolderSynchronizer.FolderActivated(Folder folder, Boolean goingOnline)
                at MailClient.Protocols.Common.FolderSynchronizer.GoOnlinePost()
                at MailClient.Protocols.Gdata.GdataCalendarAccount.GoOnlineInt()
                at MailClient.Protocols.Common.AccountBase.ChangeOnlineState(Boolean online, OfflineReason offlineReason)
                at MailClient.Protocols.Common.AccountBase.GoOnline()
                at MailClient.Accounts.AccountList.<>c__DisplayClass19_1.<SetOnlineState>b__1()
                at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()
                at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.<>c.<.cctor>b__277_0(Object obj)
                at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunFromThreadPoolDispatchLoop(Thread threadPoolThread, ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
                at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteWithThreadLocal(Task& currentTaskSlot, Thread threadPoolThread)
                at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteEntryUnsafe(Thread threadPoolThread)
                at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteFromThreadPool(Thread threadPoolThread)
                at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
                at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()
           GUIStatus_Exception_Reported = True

Open your web browser and login to the Google Calendar. Find and delete the event that has this time zone.

Restart eM Client.

Open your web browser and login to the Google Calendar. Find and delete the event that has this time zone.

And how do I find that event? I have 30 events each week for the past 5 years. How would even an event get a different time zone (I never needed or travelled to that weird time zone)? Anyway, any idea how to find it?

I had a look at Google time zones. The “Troll” TZ is the same as GMT 00:00, which I use. Maybe there’s some kind of mishmash there?

And how do I find that event? I have 30 events each week for the past 5 years. How would even an event get a different time zone (I never needed or travelled to that weird time zone)? Anyway, any idea how to find it?

If you cannot find that Google Calendar event (online) that has that weird time zone issue as @Gary advised above, or if you can find it (and its still doing it), then try completely “removing and re-adding your Google account in eM Client” to see if that fixes it. Backup first via “Menu / Backup”.

If still the same problem, I would then suggest to contact Google Calendar via their “Community forum” online or via “Phone” if you are a paid Google customer.

Once that’s resolved in your Google Calendar online, should then work ok in eM Client.

Google Calendar Community forum.

My timezones are set up correctly (if by correctly you mean they are the same), I use Win 11 if that makes any difference.

As you have Windows 11, check in your “Settings / Time & Language / Date & Time” that you have the correct “TimeZone” set for your region as below example.