Google Authentication Issue

Not completely sure if you do or do not have this enabled too, but this option has to enabled, it was not included on your screenshot…

Google no longer supports the older authentication method for use with IMAP clients, using a later release won’t work with regular Gmail accounts. However it might help in your case, I’ve submitted the link for download to the previous release to your email.

Hello Craig, we’ve come across this issue as well, however it seems this is a problem of the partner Google Apps, Google might be eventually shutting down the support for these partners as well, since it doesn’t include these features that are required for use with their servers. We’re still reviewing this issue, however if you’re using a Google partner webmail solution, you may have to re-setup your account in the latest release of eM Client using the manual setup.

I’m sorry this issue has caused to let you stop using the application, let me know if you need our further assistance, we’ll be happy to help.

Many thanks for your attention into this

Can you the link too? I cannot get this to work with all the solutions mentioned here.

Hello, note as I suggested earlier, if you’re using a regular gmail account in eM Client, you won’t be able to use the account using an older release, however here’s the link for download: 6.0.22065.0 

Note that to downgrade the application you have to uninstall first and reinstall the application.

Hope this helps,

Yes, I have that (as well as every other possible option) enabled. Still no luck, unfortunately.

So with this newer version, what is the issue which has this thing kept popping up even after trying all the solutions you proposed?

the downgrade didn’t work for me.  Is there an even older version to try?

Well, looks like no progress is being made on this.

Outlook 2010 here I come.

Good news and BAD NEWS - well not so bad!
I decided to try deleting my two gmail accounts and re-creating them. That seems to have solved the problem. But for an inexplicable reason my LOCAL FOLDERS have disappeared!
It appears that the Tools/settings/Show local folders box had become unticked. Panic over! 
I don’t understand why this would have happened.

It appears my joy was premature. It seems that I am asked less for authentication but I am still asked more often than I would like.

Hello Malcolm, can you please specify what exact release you’re currently using on your computer, if you’re still experiencing this issue? Please try to update to this release, 6.0.22336.0 and check if the issue persists.

We believe we were able to resolve all problems with the OAuth authentication meth.

In my case, it works now… i am able to get my calenders, contacts just like normal… thanks for providing the link. 

In my case, it works now… i am able to get my calenders, contacts just like normal… thanks for providing the link. 

Hi Paul, I have installed the release you suggested and in fact updated to 6.0.22344.0 this morning. I have tested by cutting off the wifi before starting an emclient session and restoring during the session and cutting off during a session and restoring. 
The problem seems to be completely resolved. Thank you.
I think my problems were exacerbated by flaky ADSL connections due to the large amount of rain in Sydney since Monday. The line was dropping and returning more often than I was aware of. 

I am having similar issue with my .edu account. Application was updated then I was asked to authenticate and got a code to paste in the application but where? Anybody can help. 

I just resetted my android phone (lollipop), and tried setting up my co branded google account into my phone again. Like emclient now, the moment, i key in my email address, the co branded portal appears. Unlike the emclient, when I keyed in my credentials. It goes away and my google stuff was setup just as usual. Emclient refuses to proceed after I keyed my credentials.

In my case, the legacy emclient without oauth still works with both gmail and my co branded google apps mail. Calender and contacts are working very well as well.

My thinking is that emclient should not remove the legacy form of username and password from the google setup. Instead, when the legacy authentication fails, the oauth should then appear allowing authentication again. Or give an option of choosing google or google legacy. Something along that line. 

Hello, I’m glad it works, please make sure to let us know if you come across any other issues or questions about the application, we’ll be happy to help.

Hello Johnny, official Google’s statements require or encourage developers to implement OAuth or move to the solution as soon as possible due to deprecation of the previous API…

"_ClientLogin has been officially deprecated as of April 20, 2012 and is no longer available as per our deprecation policy. We encourage you to migrate to OAuth 2.0 as soon as possible._"

Google has also removed the documentation and even though we still have the option to re-enable the option, note this statement suggest the feature will be completely removed, and unsupported, using this option could cause issue that we would be no longer able to resolve as there is no official standard for using the feature at the moment.

Hope you understand.