Google Authentication Issue

Well, you tried :wink:

I hope it works because it has been driving me nuts re-entering the password and verification for two google accounts every time I use  emclient. Not impressed!

Yes, frustrating, I am getting a similar issue, it keeps on asking me to enter the password, but because I have GMail 2 Step Authentication on, I have to keep on getting a special security code on my phone each time and entering it every time I turn on EMClient, hope they can resolve it soon!!!

Same problem here aswell, everytime my computer wakes up from sleep mode or if you close em client (as in exiting the program) and re-open it, then the google sign in dialogue pops up again :confused:

Hello, are you using a Google Apps account or what mail service are you using on your mail server?

Hi Paul,

I followed all instructions to enable scripting, and still no luck. I am attaching below some screenshots of the issue I keep getting. I look forward to finding a resolution, as eM Client looks like a great product!

Hello, it should not be required to be logged in to the account in your browser, however it is required to have Javascript and Cookies enabled for the browser.

eM Client is currently using the IE’s core features since Internet Explorer is a part of the windows installation and can’t be easily removed - at least not completely. We’re however working on an upcoming release that will feature webkit as the base for it’s core features.

Hello Sam, eM client now features OAuth which is feature set to replace the previous password authentication method. 2-step verification was an option for keeping your connected app connecting securely to the server, however OAuth is featuring a more modern way how to authenticate and having 2-step enabled is no longer needed.
However the current behavior is an expected behavior for the 2-step verification options, as this allows you to keep the account connected even more securely, as it completely disables somebody’s ability to connect to the account without your mobile phone.

Hello John, please make sure to update your eM Client to the latest release, 6.0.22336.0 and check if the issue persists.

I am having a similar issues. I do have the most recent update including the one sent out yesterday regarding google authentication. I can authenticate, but I have to keep doing it. If I close eM or sometimes just later in the day, the authentication pops back up. I can signin, but it’s fairly annoying.

Kevin

Hello Daniel, can you please specify what instructions you’ve followed or which options you’ve enabled in Internet Explorer? Note eM Client is running on some of IE’s components so in order to let the application work properly you have to keep the application update.

To enable scripting navigate to internet options > security > custom level and enable scripting for Internet Explorer.

Hope this helps.

well it through the school, So I assume its an Apps account.

I have to log in through their front end to get to their email that is through gmail

This doesn’t help. Just like it didn’t the first 4 times you’ve suggested this method

Hi Paul, I followed the instructions in the link you provided (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/gp/howtoscript) to enable scripting in all options under the Scripting section (see image). I also tried restarting computer, logging into gmail with Internet Explorer (which worked), but am still unable to get eM Client to make it through the Authentication error where is says JavaScript is disabled.

Hi Paul,

Will you be able to supply us with an older version that does not use Oauth? It might work.

We know that this is not a permanent solution, but we need an interim while waiting for a more permanent fix.

Or at least in the next patch release, give an option to choose google setup without Oauth. Many has already feedback that the old method of authentication still works. If that fails then we would have no choice but to revert to to a manual setup that disables chat, calender and contacts.

I have updated to most recent version and get this error “The page you requested is invalid” which is a google error page as they handle mail for VirginMedia

In layman’s English, do I have to keep on doing this annoying mobile phone verification every time I want to use EM Client?

And wasn’t the previous version more usable, because it did not force me to do this…

Seems to work now, thanks alot! :slight_smile:

Ps. Tried to search for update in em client itself but that didnt work as it said there were no updates so I used your download link and installed that one.

I’ve come up with a workaround, Uninstalled it, life’s too short and theres plenty of alternatives

Oh well, after several reboots and as many days it appears my problem is not solved after all.