Google apps with eM Client widgets

The widgets feature is really excellent, as it allows much more flexible use.
However, it currently cannot be used to connect to any google apps (calendar/keep/gmail etc). When trying to sign in, I’m getting the following error:

“Couldn’t sign you in. This browser or app may not be secure. Try using a different browser. If you’re already using a supported browser, you can try again to sign in.”.

Since google completely withdrew the “less secure apps option”, there is nothing I can do on my end to resolve this. Fixing the integration with google would allow using calendar, keep, contacts etc in parallel with eM Client.

Thanks

The widget is not a browser.

It is meant for use in for example a scenario where the company will have an announcement web page, and that will be displayed when eM Client starts. It will pull an HTML page from a website, and allows only minimal interaction.

You can’t sync Keep, but if you add the Gmail account to eM Client you will have messages, contacts, calendars and tasks from the Google account.

Thanks for the reply.

I understand, but in my case it’s problematic to use the calendar sync via eM Client since it does not support the color-coded events in google (all events within a single calendar have the default color). I really rely on event colors.
This is actually a common issue with many calendar apps I have seen so far, so I just use google calendar directly via a browser. It’d be awesome to have it directly inside eM Client to keep everything in the same place.

Looks like it already “works” in the sense that I can use eM Client widget to access google apps. It looks fine visually. The problem is Google security policy regarding browsers when signing in, not actual capabilities of the software in interacting with the website. For example, I can use it in apps that do not require signing in, such as maps, translate, search, news etc.