Good mails in Spam box

Hi,

A good friend, and also my wife’s mails go automatically into my Spam box.

I always click right to take them out, and say that they are authorized mails, but it it keeps happening.

I don’t Always look in Spam folder, and sometimes miss important mails.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong, or where to click, to make sure that this doesn’t happen again.

Merci beaucoup

The emails are going to the spam folder on your email server before they are coming to EMC. You need to be in the webmail page for your email, and that is where you must specify they are not spam.

Thank you, I will go and rectify

Just did as u said, but Nothing in Spam box on my Server, but my friends mails, are still going to Spam on eM Client

eM Client does not really have a spam filter and will only put it in spam if the header identifies it as such.  To fix this, right-click on the email and select “Move to inbox” and then “Move to inbox and remove from memove blacklisted email” – or domain, as you wish.

Hopefully, this will work.

Regarding the earlier comment: "The emails are going to the spam folder on your email server before they are coming to EMC. You need to be in the webmail page for your email, and that is where you must specify they are not spam. "

That hasn’t been my experience. I have looked on the server via its web-mail interface. The messages that later appear in my eM Client “junk” folder are always in my mail server’s Inbox and never in their spam folder.

I use Spam Arrest. If those messages were truly being marked as spam, they would never be downloaded to me at all. They would be stuck in Spam Arrest’s “unrecognized mail” folder. But they’re always in the Inbox and are moved to eM Client’s “junk” folder after they are downloaded from the server. I find it a bit mysterious, but at this point I’ve decided it isn’t a problem-with-a-capital-P. I just check the “junk” folder before emptying it. Anything I need to keep, I move manually to eM Client’s own Inbox.

You can disable all junk filtering in eM Client by deselecting both Blacklist and Spam filter Rules. These two Rules work differently: 

The Blacklist works by moving messages from addresses or domains that you specify to the Junk folder. It won’t do that if you have not manually specified the address or domain at some stage. You can edit the Blacklist and check that the domain or addresses are not there. If they are, and you want to continue using the Blacklist, just remove them.

The Spam filter works by identifying specific data in the header, as Jay commented above. You can check one of the messages that were moved to the Junk folder, and see if the header contains X-Spam-Status: Yes or X-Spam: Yes. These will be added by a server that the message has passed through. If your server is adding the header, then that is something you need to investigate with them.

If you disable these Rules, and messages are still going to the Junk folder, then it is either being done by the server (which you verified is not happening), or you have another Rule which is moving them.