Going back to the old 8.1 layout

Hi there,

I’ve just upgraded to 8.2. Unfortunately, I am personally not a fan of the new default layout of the mail view. I enjoyed having the preview of emails and spacing like they were in the previous version.

While not a big deal, is it possible to go back to the old style layout in 8.2?

Cheers

You can change the layout of messages under “Menu / View / Layout”

Mine wont open at all, I need to go back! How?

Hi cyberzonk,

Unfortunately that isn’t what I’m after. The message view is the same as 8.1 as far as I can tell.

I’m referring to the conversation / email list section.

Previously this contained a preview of each email, and tags were done differently.

I’m referring to the conversation / email list section.

I don’t see any difference previewing messages with Conversation view between 8.1 and 8.2.

When conversation view is enabled using eg: “Layout on bottom” highlight and email in the “Subject” at the top, and then in the preview message pane below you can either click on the message button eg: image in the “top centre” of the preview pane to show / preview all that conversation messages "Individually or “all at once” by clicking on them one at a time to open / preview them all.

Or after highlighting / selecting a messages in conversation view, in the preview page below "use the scrollbar “on the right of the preview pane” to scroll up to the top of the conversations. Then click on the messages once at a time to preview them. Again you can preview one or all of them at the same time.

I also dont see any differance in Tags between 8.1 and 8.2. You just highlight a message in the subject and click on the Tag and change the Tag to whatever you like.

The preview can be enabled in Menu > View > Layout as @cyberzork mentioned.

Or are you referring to a multi-line (compact) message list?

That can be changed in your settings:

2 Likes

This was exactly what I was looking for. Thank you very much, to both of you.