Godaddy Exchange won't connect

On June 2 my Godaddy stopped syncing. They gave warning but I thought I had the exchange settings correct as I was using exchange and getting emails. It is stuck in a loop asking for username and password. I have the server set to https://outlook.office365.com. Also tried https://outlook.office365.com/EWS/Exchange.asmx. Everything else is set to my actual email address and password. It keeps saying authentication failed or wrong credentials. Any ideas? Using eM Client 7.2.5

It keeps saying authentication failed or wrong credentials. Any ideas? Using eM Client 7.2.5

If you have already tried removing and re-adding your Go Daddy email account via the “automatic email wizard” in V7, then could be your current eM Client is eg: too old and needs updating where the later eM Client ver 8 & 9 have alot more support for newer authentication methods.

Go Daddy also as far as I know recently, “no longer supports username & password logins” and now uses OAuth tokens for access so it’s probably to do with that and needs a later ver to authenticate.

What I would suggest is to first backup your V7 via “Menu / Backup” and then once backed up, download the latest V8 which is currently (8.2.1721 if you have Windows) or (8.2.1721 if you have Mac) from the release history page and then install that. Close eM Client before updating.

Then once updated, try re-adding your Go Daddy exchange account again via the “automatic email wizard” at the top via “Menu / Accounts”.

If V8.2.x then works, backup eM Client again via either “Menu / Backup” (PC) or “File / Backup” (Mac).

Then suggest to upgrade to the latest V9 for either PC or Mac from the release history page which also has alot more newer features too.

Note: For upgrading to V8 or V9, if you have a free non business user account then eM Client will still be free. If you have a Pro version of eM Client used for business use, then you might have to pay an upgrade fee “depending on what type of license” you bought at the time.

That worked. Thank You

1 Like