GMX synchronization problem

Today I started using eM Client and am very satisfied with the user interface.

Unfortunately, there are problems syncing with my GMX Mail account. GMX is a German provider. The following problem exists:

All e-mails are loaded correctly but the content is not displayed. If you open an e-mail the synchronization runs in an endless loop.

Could you please help? I like to use eM Client but if that doesn’t work, I will have to switch.

Here’s how I set up the account:

• IMAP and SMTP
  • I have allowed external access to my provider for POP3 and IMAP
  • I have taken the IMAP and SMTP server access data from the website of the provider and double checked.
  • Address, password and username are correct

Here are the logfiles:
17:54:01 Online Status: changed to Online until NetworkAvailability
17:54:01 [email protected] [IMAP] Synchronize subfolders: For folders [email protected]/
17:54:03 [email protected] [IMAP] Synchronize Subfolders: Done
17:54:03 [email protected] [IMAP] Synchronize subfolders: For folders [email protected]/Archiv
17:54:03 [email protected] [IMAP] Synchronize subfolders: For folders [email protected]/Gelöscht
17:54:03 [email protected] [IMAP] Synchronize subfolders: For folders [email protected]/INBOX
17:54:03 [email protected] [IMAP] Synchronize subfolders: For folders [email protected]/Parship
17:54:03 [email protected] [IMAP] Synchronize subfolders: For folders [email protected]/Sent
17:54:03 [email protected] [IMAP] Synchronize subfolder: For folder [email protected]/Trash
17:54:03 [email protected] [IMAP] Synchronize messages: For folders [email protected]/Sent
17:54:04 [email protected] [IMAP] Synchronize messages: Done
17:54:04 [email protected] [IMAP] Sync messages: For folders [email protected]/INBOX

The default setting in eM Client is to download the content only when the message is opened. You can change that setting in Menu > Tools > Accounts, and then click on the IMAP tab for your account.

Tick the boxes as in the Offline section as in the image below and see if that makes any difference.

Using this setting, I do not have any issues with GMX.