gmail

why Google blocks your program all the time - I wrote about it six months ago and still have not solved the problem

I assume they do not block emClient itself but constantly changing this bit or that bit and emClient has to change their programming interface everytime to keep step with Google.

And that’s, in my opinion, the reason why emClient is still missing big innovations and improvements: the available and obviously limited programming ressources on their side have to deal with those GMail issues and from other big providers, too.

Michael

Hello Aleh,
we are not aware of any current problems with gmail accounts.
Can you please share more information? Do you have 2-step verification enabled on your account? Perhaps you haven’t activated your account in gmail using an app password, so gmail allows eM Client to access your data.
Check this google support post to learn more about application passwords - https://support.google.com/accounts/a…

Regards,
Olivia

I have absolutely no issue with Gmail whatsoever.  I was wondering exactly what kind of issue the original poster was having with it.

Please can you help me understand something, my company uses gmail for work email. so I access my work emails through ***[.****@companyname.com](mailto:. **** @companyname.com) - but its gmail i access to get my work email - i believe this is called a managed gmail account or corporate gmail account. How can i use emclient so i don’t have to use gmail? i’ve tried everything, i’m not able to send emails as my work email using emclient, but it won’t let me receive emails!. Very frustrating, i have a feeling its to do with gmail/my works email server setting - any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello Tom,
do you have problem setting up the account?
Or is the account set up but the account receives no messages?
Are there any errors in Menu>Tools>Operations window?
What version of eM Client are you using? Full number in Menu>Help>About.

Regards,
Olivia

It says on the site “no configuration necessary” that is a lie, i’ve had nothing but problems with this and have followed the imap settings in google.

Thomas, if you use the automatic setup, it should work without any further configuration for GMail.

What problems did you have that you needed to change the IMAP settings?

Yea, this page: http://www.emclient.com/em-client-with-gmail is it supposed to be a joke. You think it would at least MENTION that I need to go to gmail.com and go to settings and go to imap/smtp forwarding settings and turn on imap.  Not exactly “no configuration necessary” even thought people who know what imap is probably know about this, most people probably do not. 

So I’m following the directions provided by Gmail (since em Client didn’t provide any instructions other than the obvious fill in you name and password etc) but do I want to set SSL/TLS to:

1. Use if Avail
  2. Force use
  3. Use on special port (Legacy)
    and different settigns change the Port # so what should my port number be?? Should i set it to 993 like gmail says or set it to the port emClient changes it to??

Same questions for SMPT stuff, gmail says to use these settings:

Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server

smtp.gmail.com

Requires SSL: Yes

Requires TLS: Yes (if available)

Requires Authentication: Yes

Port for SSL: 465

Port for TLS/STARTTLS: 587

But em Client only has Host, Port, and Security policy.

I guess it’s just supposed to be totally obvious and I’ve just gone full retard.

Thanks.

Here’s the thing. It shouldn’t work, but I just checked and it still does. Even if IMAP is not enabled in GMail settings, you can setup the account in eM Client, via the automatic setup, and it will work just fine.

To do that go to Menu > Tools > Accounts  and add a new account.

Enter your email address and click Start Now.

You will be forwarded to your GMail account for authentication, and that is all there is to it.  There is no need to alter any of the settings once the automatic setup is done.

No configuration necessary.

What problems did you have that you needed to change the IMAP settings?

BTW, there are useful instructions on how to setup an account manually in the eM Client Help. Open the help and go to Getting Started >  Create a New Account. This contains both the Automatic Setup instructions I have given above, as well as a manual setup walk through.

The main problem is that I’m trying to use em client to view my emails.

That’s great! It is after-all the main function of an email client.

So what happened that you were not able to do this?

Mailbird works much better. thanks anyways.

Of course, whatever works best for you.

If at any time you wish to discuss what happened that you were not able to use eM Client, I am sure there will be someone here who will be able to help you solve the problem.