Gmail stopped working and now won't connect

Sure. If you are already logged into that account in your web browser, there is no need to login again.

Well, never did get EMC to add my gmail account back. Today, my wifeā€™s EMC can no longer connect to her gmail account. We have not changed anything. I donā€™t know if gmail did, but in any event both donā€™t work now.

We have been using EMC for both of us for years and I hate to change, but I have no choice. I have been using Thunderbird on my PC for over a week without any issue. I guess I should be happy that Thunderbird works. So long EMC, it was nice while it lasted.

1 Like

Hi there,
I have the exact same issues, on a MacOS system.

Ok, problem seems to be solved.
Currently, Iā€™m in a hotel and the connection is way faster as at home. So maybe it was a problem with the slower connection.

That may be whatā€™s causing your issue., but it isnā€™t what caused mine. I have 1 gig fiber, so the speed canā€™t be the issue. I hope you get your issue figured out and fixed.

I have the same problem - eM Client suddenly wonā€™t connect to gmail imap servers

Iā€™ve been using eM Client for years, started with v6 and now on v8ā€¦
But 3 days ago it stopped getting emails from my Google imap based accounts, other pop accounts came in OK.

I went through the usual fixes:
Removing and re-adding the account, un-installing eM Client and trying v9
All to no avail all I get is the red exclamation triangle.

I installed it on another laptop using my gmail account and it worked OK.

I store the eM Client data on a separate hard disk and I keep several backups but even restoring old data backups didnā€™t fix the problem.

Digging deeper I backed up my System partition (Macrium Reflect) and restored an older system partition backup from a few months ago.
That installation of eM Client worked OK - even with the latest eM Client data.

So thereā€™s been a problem with the ā€˜configā€™ data on my System partitionā€¦
I use BCUnistaller to remove programs, so Iā€™m pretty sure all traces of eM Client are removed when I uninstall it.
That leaves me to suspect that Google OAuth 2.0 isnā€™t working or corrupt for eM Client.
I get the usual prompt to authorise account access when I remove/reinstall a gmail account - but it still doesnā€™t work.
Everything is fine using the same accounts in MailBird and Thunderbird - but not eM Client!

Looking through these posts - nobody (any actual support from eM Client peeps?) seems to have suggested a viable solution.
So this is a showstopper for me, as I was just about to upgrade to v9.1 but thereā€™s no point if it doesnā€™t work for meā€¦

Iā€™m in the same boat as RGL - goodbye eM Client :hot_face:

Decided to give it one more shot - but donā€™t get your hopes upā€¦

Turned on both laptops side by side, eM Client on my main laptop still doesnā€™t work:
But on my second itā€™s fine.
Logged into my Google account settings (on my main laptop) and revoked eM Client permissions - that stopped my second laptop from connecting too.
Re-started my main laptop and opened eM Client, immediate jump to my Google account settings to allow access to eM Client, click allow.
But still no access to gmail imapā€¦

Second laptop required re-authorising too, but after that worked fine.
So no fix and still no wiser really.

One thing Iā€™ve noticed is that both MailBird and Thunderbirdā€™s Server Settings show OAuth2 as the Authentication method:

eM Client still shows Use SSL/TLS on special port (legacy) - no mention of OAuth2ā€¦
I suspect that eM Client have not updated the server access code for a while - maybe the sticking plaster and blue tack has worked loose after a recent Google API update/change?

Iā€™m disappointed v9 is the same - maybe their team have concentrated on adding dubious bells and whistles to the UI instead of re-working the most important part - actual connection to the email serversā€¦

Hello,
What Antivirus software are you using? Which OS are you using?
Can you provide a menu - operations - log to review at bucek@ emclient.com?
Best regards,

I use Windows Defender (Windows 10) and Malwarebytes. I have already removed EC from my computer, but wifeā€™s computer started having the same issue. I will send you her log for review. Same OS and antivirus on her computer.

I have the same problem, latest mail reseived sept. 20. Have tried every possible setting, but it does not connect.

eM Client has supported OAuth2 since V7. The accounts config screen just doesnā€™t display it.

It works when using pop and SSL/TLS on special port (old style). I will use this until google changes again.

1 Like

I had success today by taking three steps as mentioned above:

• Deleting the old Gmail account in eM Client
  • Removing access in Gmail security (at google.com) for eM Client
  • Restarting Windows

After taking the three steps above, I was able to add a Gmail account to eM Client.

1 Like