Gmail still in inbox

Gmail no longer supports POP3 (without prior notification). This has forced me to convert from Windows Live Mail (POP3) to eM Client (IMAP). Of course I am going through a huge time consuming learning curve. One of the issues is that email I’ve received from Gmail is still showing in the Gmail inbox. With POP3, they would be removed after I received them. I don’t want them removed from Gmail, I just don’t want them in the inbox after I have “received” them in em client (EMC). I don’t find a way to make this happen. What do I need to do? I still want them in gmail inbox when I read them on my phone, but when I’ve got them in EMC they should be moved to I guess it would be Trash on Gmail like it worked in POP3.

Thanks!

I don’t want them removed from Gmail, I just don’t want them in the inbox after I have “received” them in em client (EMC). I don’t find a way to make this happen

The way IMAP works is that your mail stays on the server and you just remotely read it from mail clients on computers or mobile devices. So they all see the same inbox mail and all devices update when you send and receive email messages.

However if you don’t want the email to stay in the Inbox when received in eM Client, you can either eg: “manually drag or move the Inbox emails to another Gmail account label” or “create a rule to automatically move it to a specific Gmail label”.

Note: If you move emails from the Gmail inbox in eM Client they will “no longer show in the inbox on your other mobile or computer devices” as is the nature of IMAP. You will only then see the inbox messages “in the same Gmail label as eM Client” on all other mobile or computer devices.

So there’s no way to make IMAP work like POP did (download to my computer and remove from gmail inbox)?

IMAP mail is designed that way and doesn’t have the option like the old POP mail to delete on server after x amount of days.

So If you want all your devices to see the same email in the inbox on the server with IMAP, “don’t move it out of the inbox”.

The alternative is move your Gmail mailbox to another POP mail server and reconfigure eM Client for that. However most global mailbox providers are now IMAP, Exchange or iCloud as POP is now very old and not really used much anymore.