Gmail password change

Just changed my gmail password.  Where do I enter the new password in EmC?

It will pop up to do so

Yes, if the password is incorrect, you will get a pop-up as Yishay said. You can also enter it manually in Menu > Tools > Accounts, then on the General tab for your account under Authentication.

Of course if you are using 0Auth, then you do not need to change anything in eM Client.

I have no “Authorization” under General and I get no popup.  But I don’t get  Incoming mail either

If you change your gmail password, you must delete the app access in gmail to force display of the 0Auth2 screen.  To do this:

1.  Close eM Client
2.  Go to the “My Account” app in your gmail programs
3.  Under the “Sign-in & security” section, select “Apps with account access”
4.  In the “Apps with access to your account”, select “Manage Apps”
5.  Click on eM Client
6.  Click “Remove Access”

When you open eM Client, it will bring up a new 0Auth2 screen.  Enter your new password.

Very good.  You’ll have to explain "gmail programs."I have no gmail programs on my PC.  And “programs” is plural.

I apologize for not giving more details.

1.  Log into your webmail (gmail.com).
2.  In the right upper corner of the screen you will see an icon with 9 squares
3.  click on that icon and it will display your google applications
4.  Select “My Account”

No apps listed.  Not EmC, not anything.

You don’t see anything that looks like this?

Under “Manage Aps”  .>

"Apps with access to your account

haven’t given any apps or services permission to access your Google Account. Learn more

Google may also have access to some of your third-party accounts. Learn more about how to manage those connections"

OK, so have you opened eM Client since you changed the password?  The 0Auth2 screen should come up without you doing anything.  Sometimes it doesn’t which was the subject of my first suggestion.

Remember, emc does NOT store the gmail password.  The authorization is handled directly with gmail through the 0Auth2 window.  So, you do not change the password in emc.

Do you get an error message?

Opened EmC.  No popup of any kind.  Did a “Refresh” of that account.  Processed with no errors/no popup.  Can you give me a quick description of the 0auth2 window?

That said, I had created some folders under that account in EmC.  Their gone.  I hope not for good.

What about just removing the account from eM Client, then adding it again? That way you can go through the authentication from the beginning again.

You can check in the web interface for your account if the folders are there or not.

That did it, thanks!!!  I was afraid I’d lose my folders.

What do you do when it just pops up an error screen saying"Password required for @outlook.com" and the text "We’re unable to complete your request Microsoft account is experiencing technical problems. Please try again later."

I don’t see any place in the tools | accounts for entering the Outlook account password. Why is it not there? I can’t figure out this EM Client thinking.

My EM Client version is: 7.2.34062.0 .

Hi Ran,
Please have a look at our official announcement about the Outlook issue - it includes a fix you can install:
https://forum.emclient.com/emclient/topics/reaction-to-the-outlook-com-authentication-problem