Gmail folders/labels don't contain mail when there are sub-folders/labels

In gmail I have a nested structure of labels/folders and sublabels/folders. I have put mails both in the labels but also in the sublabels. In eM Client, all labels show up correctly with the right structure, but there are no mails under a label when there are sub-labels present, while through gmail interface I can see that the label does contain mails.

Could you please post here a screenshot?

Very strange - I have not seen that before. Could you please send us your logs? Just go to menu Tools->Settings->Advanced->Logging and check “IMAP” under the problematic account. Then restart eM Client, try to simulate the issue and send us (with reference to this topic) the logs using the same logging settings window. Thank you.

I am doing the same thing with labels and sublabels and it works fine, so there is something unique about this, i.e. not a generic eM/gmail problem.

I agree - the folder name in Italic font indicates that the folder is empty (write protected) so it should not contain any messages. The logs will tell us more.

I have tried many times to replicate the issue. It only seems to happen upon the first synchronization with an account that has this situation with folders with mails and subfolders with mails. When I create a new folder on the gmail server or on eM client with the exact same structure, there is no problem.
logs are therefore not useful at this moment. I’ll try later this week to add my account once more from scratch. By the way, I was surprised to see that the password of my mail is written in the logs :wink:

I tried replicating it once more by removing the account and adding it again. However, now it is still with the same issues but the ones I solved by creating a new folder are solved after a new sync as well. I guess it only happens when labels were created in gmail through a sync from ms outlook and then synced again with em client. I will not try test that theory as it will happen only in very few cases. My problem is solved now by simply rebuilding the folders.
Thanks for your support!

Thank you for the info.