Gmail does not recognize user name/passwword

I upgrade my wife’s hard drive to an SSD. eM Client was working fine before the upgrade.  It was a fresh install.  I reacquired the license and activated the program.  I created a new user, same as it was before, and used the diagnosis to double check the settings but I still am rejected by both the IMAP and SMTP servers because of the user name/password.  I verified them on web mail so that is not the problem.  Both before and after the hard drive upgrade we were/are using Windows 10.  It seems this is a common problem but most of the inquiries are several years old and too many to try and weed through.  Your help would be appreciated.

GMail will cause a problem with 2-step verification and/or old passwords which need to be revoked.

Thanks.  I am not using two step verification and I am not sure what you mean by the second item.  I did change the G mail password and tried again but it made no difference.  By coincidence we received notification of an update today, installed it and the problem went away.  We had downloaded em client just today for the reinstall.  Anyway, the problem is now resolved with the update.  Thanks again, Wes

Hello, what version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check the exact release number in Help > About? Are you unable to synchronise your email and calendars completely due to this error? Are you using any security software on your computer, that may have disabled the applications ability to connect to the server?

Regards,