Gmail Connection Failed - Multiple tries and reinstalls

I recently installed the eMClient and gmail is not working correctly. I get the error all the time and messages are not being sent. I reinstalled the client and also re added the account. Nothing helped, still keep getting this error.

Hello Jacob,
does your gmail use IMAP access or did you enable POP3? See if the setting is the same in your gmail and in your account in eM Client. If you’re still having trouble please tell me what you have enabled in gmail POP/IMAP tag and screenshot the settings in eM Client.

Best regards,
Olivia

Hi Olivia, thanks for the response. I attached all snapshots, I just noticed a socket error in the log. The incoming messages are all working, only outgoing is not working. Messages stay in the outbox and never leaves. 

Hi Jacob,
you didn’t really answer my questions, but I’m guessing you’re using POP service, so if the only problem are the messages in outbox, check the settings of SMTP in Tools > Accounts then click on the gmail account and choose the SMTP tab and send me a screenshot of that.

Also please, if you could copy the text in the Log instead of taking picture of it? It’s very difficult to read, thank you.

Hi i googled about this issue and looks like Antivirus is preventing the client. I changed it and it is working now.

Hi Jacob,
thank you for informing me what the issue was and I’m glad it is now resolved.

Best regards,
Olivia