gmail chat not working for month now

Two cent, about a month ago I updated to Windows 8.1 and spent the better part of a day trying to get chat working in eM Client. I am a geek, so I tried everything including logs, etc. Nothing is being tagged in the system even when I enable extra logging. I downloaded the update from like 5 hours ago, and still nothing. Help!

Hello Harry, sorry to see this, what version of eM client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check the exact release number in Help > About?
Can you please try to update your eM Client to this release where we fixed a minor Google Talk / Chat bug that has caused the inability to connect online using the gmail chat account?

Thank you.

Still no connection, no error messages, nothing.

Hello Harry, can you please submit the logging data or are the XMPP logging files completely empty after you finish logging? Are you using any security software on your computer that may have disabled the applications ability to connect to your server?

They are completely empty after I finish logging.

I have another program, Jitsi, that I am using to make the connections till this works again, so there is no port blocking taking place. In addition, I went into the Firewall service on my pc, and set it to allow all inbound and outbound connections requested from eM Client. 

Hello again Harry, sorry for the belated reply, could you please send me an email to [email protected] we might have to exchange some private information in order to resolve this problem, so it may be better to close the conversation here on the community support.

Please include a reference (URL) link to this forum topic in your message.

Thank you.