Gmail calendar error - uploading file to folder

I added my google calendar to em client (latest version) and I’m getting this error every time I open the application:

"Uploading item(s) to folder failed due to the following error: The added or subtracted value results in an un-representable DateTime. Parameters name: t

I have tried repairing the calendar but that didn’t seem to help

Is there a solution to this problem?

Hello Simon, what version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check the exact release number in Help > About or make sure you’re running the latest release, 6.0.23181.0 .

If the issue persists can you please switch to the log tab, copy the content of the log with details about the sync process or the full copy of the log from when the error occurs and submit it to us here on the forum?

Thank you,

I am on the latest version.

I just opened up emclient, and here is the log that comes up with the error:

1:48:30 PM Online state: changed to online due to NetworkAvailability
1:48:30 PM Gmail (Home) [IMAP] Synchronizing subfolders: For folder Gmail (Home)/
1:48:30 PM Gmail (Work) [IMAP] Synchronizing subfolders: For folder Gmail (Work)/
1:48:31 PM Gmail (Home) [GData] Synchronizing folder list
1:48:31 PM Gmail (Home) [GData] Uploading item(s) to folder ‘Gmail (Home)/Sara & Simon/’
1:48:31 PM MailExceptions.OperationException: Uploading item(s) to folder ‘Gmail (Home)/Sara & Simon/’ failed due to the following error: The added or subtracted value results in an un-representable DateTime.
1:48:31 PM Parameter name: t —> System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: The added or subtracted value results in an un-representable DateTime.
1:48:31 PM Parameter name: t
1:48:31 PM at System.DateTime.op_Subtraction(DateTime d, TimeSpan t)
1:48:31 PM at System.TimeZoneInfo.ConvertTimeToUtc(DateTime dateTime, TimeZoneInfo sourceTimeZone)
1:48:31 PM at MailClient.Schedule.ScheduleConvert.UpdateComponentFromScheduleObject(ScheduleComponent& component, Calendar& calendar, IScheduleObject updatingObject, ScheduleConvertOptions options)
1:48:31 PM at MailClient.Storage.Application.Schedule.ScheduleItem1.GetCalendar(CalendarScope scope) 1:48:31 PM at MailClient.Storage.Application.Schedule.ScheduleItem1.get_Calendar()
1:48:31 PM at MailClient.Protocols.Gdata.EventConvert.ConvertEvent(Folder folder, IEvent evnt)
1:48:31 PM at MailClient.Protocols.Gdata.CalendarItemSynchronizer.ConvertEvent(Folder folder, IEvent evnt)
1:48:31 PM at MailClient.Protocols.Gdata.CalendarItemSynchronizer.Upload(IItemUploadContext1 uploadContext, Folder folder, IEnumerable1 items, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
1:48:31 PM at MailClient.Protocols.Common.ItemSynchronizer`2.<>c__DisplayClass20.b__1c(WorkerStatus status, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
1:48:31 PM at MailClient.Protocols.Gdata.GenericGapiCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
1:48:31 PM — End of inner exception stack trace —
1:48:31 PM at MailClient.Protocols.Gdata.GenericGapiCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
1:48:31 PM at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)
1:48:31 PM Gmail (Home) [IMAP] Synchronizing subfolders: Done
1:48:31 PM Gmail (Home) [IMAP] Synchronizing subfolders: For folder Gmail (Home)/Inbox
1:48:31 PM Gmail (Home) [IMAP] Synchronizing subfolders: Done
1:48:31 PM Gmail (Home) [IMAP] Synchronizing subfolders: For folder Gmail (Home)/[Google Mail]
1:48:32 PM Gmail (Work) [IMAP] Synchronizing subfolders: Done
1:48:32 PM Gmail (Work) [IMAP] Synchronizing subfolders: For folder Gmail (Work)/Inbox
1:48:32 PM Gmail (Home) [IMAP] Synchronizing subfolders: Done
1:48:32 PM Gmail (Home) [IMAP] Synchronizing subfolders: For folder Gmail (Home)/[Mailbox]
1:48:32 PM Gmail (Home) [GData] Synchronizing folder ‘Gmail (Home)/Contacts/’
1:48:32 PM Gmail (Work) [IMAP] Synchronizing subfolders: For folder Gmail (Work)/[Gmail]
1:48:32 PM Gmail (Home) [GData] Synchronizing folder list
1:48:32 PM Gmail (Home) [IMAP] Synchronizing subfolders: Done
1:48:32 PM Gmail (Home) [IMAP] Synchronizing messages: For folder Gmail (Home)/Inbox
1:48:32 PM Gmail (Home) [GData] Synchronizing folder list
1:48:32 PM Gmail (Work) [IMAP] Synchronizing subfolders: For folder Gmail (Work)/[Gmail]/Trash
1:48:32 PM Gmail (Home) [GData] Synchronizing folder ‘Gmail (Home)/Contacts/’
1:48:32 PM Gmail (Work) [IMAP] Synchronizing messages: For folder Gmail (Work)/Inbox
1:48:32 PM Gmail (Home) [GData] Synchronizing folder ‘Gmail (Home)/Home/’
1:48:32 PM Gmail (Home) [IMAP] Synchronizing messages: Done
1:48:32 PM Gmail (Home) [IMAP] Downloading message part…
1:48:32 PM Gmail (Work) [IMAP] Synchronizing messages: Done
1:48:33 PM Gmail (Home) [IMAP] Downloading message part…: Done
1:48:33 PM Gmail (Home) [IMAP] Downloading message part…
1:48:33 PM Gmail (Home) [IMAP] Downloading message part…: Done

Hello Simon, seems like some of your calendar events contains an invalid format of Date or Time, or maybe the Timezone setting is invalid, can you please try to repair your calendar folder that seems to be throwing this error? Right click the folder in the left pane and select Properties > Repair and click on the “Repair” button, this should essentially resynchronise the folder with the server hopefully getting you rid of the error message.

Are you running the latest release of eM Client?

Hope this helps,

It seems to be OK now that I repair specifically the calendar that is causing the problem, thanks

hmm never mind. Turns out that was a temporary fix. I’ve tried this on 2 computers now and have the same problem on both. Is there something I can do on the google end to fix this?

Yes, I’m using the latest version of em client

Hello Simon, can you please navigate to Tools > Settings > Advanced and enable GData logging for the problematic account, save the settings, replicate the issue and when the error reoccurs, restart the application and go back to the advanced settings window and submit the logging data to my work mail [email protected] with a reference link to this forum topic for more information about this issue.

Regards,

email sent, thanks

Hello Simon, thank you for the additional logging data, unfortunately it seems like this is a bug in the latest release, you can try to uninstall and reinstall the application using an older installer (6.0.22465.0) and repair the calendar folder again - hopefully the error won’t reoccur.

I’ve reported the issue to the developers and we’re working on a solution, however it may be included in a future update.

Regards,

I’m having the same problem since a recent upgrade.  Is this a significant problem – is data being lost or non-synchronized?  Or can I ignore it for now?  I am running Ver 6.0.23181.0.  Please advise when you can.  Thanks… John, Portland OR

Just a guess but I don’t think there is any data loss. Just a sync issue. As if it does not know the path or where to point to in the configuration. I think something in Google has changed where em-client doesn’t know about. Hope they find a solution soon. This is annoying.

Thanks, Ken and Paul in EmClient support for any help and insights… awaiting news… john k

most welcome john.

Hello, by updating to this release, 6.0.23330.0 you should be able to resolve this issue. If the issue persists, please try to repair your calendar folders. To repair a folder right click the folder in the left pane and select Properties > Repair and click on the “Repair” button and wait for the folder to resynchronise with your mail server.

Regards,

Is that a newer release than the 6.0.23181.0?

Hello,
yes, 6.0.23330.0 is indeed newer.
Higher the number, the newer the release is.

Best regards,
Olivia

running the 6.0.23330.0 and having same issues after repair… any further ideas? Windows 10 if it helps.

Hi Mark,
are you sure you’re experiencing the exact same issue with the new release? Because the fix for the Parameter t issue is definitely in that version.
Could you screenshot the error pop up and the ‘Help > About’ section for me?

Thank you, best regards,
Olivia