GMail Authentication

I have no more requests for authentication now I am using 22344. I am not using a proxy. The only minor issue I have is that eM is not recognising the laptop is asleep and when it is reawakened eM complains it could not access the server. Nothing serious.
Peter

Hi Paul
The Gmail Authentication window appears still from time to time prompting for password and code (I am using 2 factor authentication). When I wrote “without the annoying question for gmail credentials” I meant that for some days it looked quite good (no questions for password etc.) but now I do have the questions again. I am not using a proxy and I didn’t move to a different network.

Regards Urmel

Hello Peter, If this occurs right after waking the application from sleep it is possible that the initial sync after waking up is made before your wifi actually reconnects with the computer, this is a minor issue that we’d like to resolve in future releases, however is mostly based in the internet reconnection process and eM client should automatically try to reconnect if internet access is regained - so no additional user action should be needed after waking up the computer from sleep.

hi Paul,

no proxy, and not each time, but about every second day it occurs.

and i’m usign simple authentication (no 2 step verification).

hi,

that’s how emclient and gmail ask for login and allow permissions:

Same problem for me.
I have to enter gmail passwort and allow permission almost every time after wakeup.
Using 22344

I am having the exact same problem. Every time I wake the computer from sleep mode an authentication screen pops up asking me to re-enter my password. It doesn’t keep me from using the software, but it does become tiresome. Will there be a fix soon?

Hello, if you’re still experiencing issues with the authentication window popping out after waking up from sleep or during the use of eM Client, please make sure you’re using the latest available version and if the issue persists, send me an email to [email protected] with a reference link to this forum topic.

Thank you

That email address bounced.

The message I tried to send was:

Paul:

As requested in the forum linked below, we’re sending you a message to
let you know that we are still experiencing this problem.

https://forum.emclient.com/emclient/topics/gmail-authentication

Details:
Version:  6.0.22344.0Gmail account is a Google Apps accountNo proxies in
usePC is connected via WiFi.The login window reoccurs each time the PC
recovers from standby.
I didn’t see this mentioned in the forum thread, and it may help your
diagnosis:  Even if I dismiss the window without providing credentials,
the client can still send and receive email normally.

Hello again, we need to exchange some private information with you that you may not want to submit on the community support, can you please make sure to re-submit the message, I’m receiving email regularly, so there should be no reason to have the message bounced on my side.

Thank you.

I am still having this problem where I am asked to re-enter my google password for authentication when the computer wakes up from sleep mode. I can get rid of the authentication window (without entering my password) and EMClient works just fine. So there is no problem with functionality, it is just annoying.

Updated to 6.0.22344.0 and now I am being asked to enter my gmail password constantly. Every time my computer wakes up I am asked

I still have this issue many months later.  I’m running 6.0.22344.0, and the check for updates indicates this is the latest version.  I’ve uninstalled/reinstalled, deleted and reconfigured the gmail account, to no avail.  I’m really sick of this.  Can you give an honest assessment of whether this will ever get fixed?

Paul: please don’t conclude that this is fixed. It is not. It’s time for you to come clean on the status of this issue. Are your devs completely unable to replicate it? Nobody working on it due to higher priority problems? Too few reports to bother fixing?

Hello, we’re continuing to monitor this issue and possibly finding a solution, the issue doesn’t occur with all users and the case when it occurs is very specific, unfortunately our developers haven’t been able to replicate the issue in our automated testing environment based on cases and reports from our users.

However we’re working on resolving this issue in future updates.

Some of our users suggested this may be a security issue - we’re however sure this issue is not causing any security holes that would anyone get access to your account or data, the issue is more likely caused by a bug in the OAuth authentication method that has been recently implemented by Google, personally I think that’s certainly a reason for keeping the standard IMAP/CRAM authentication option for IMAP and SMTP service - only calendars and contacts have been moved to OAuth completely.

Regards,