I’ve been trying out eM Client for a few days, and noticed this on several occasions. At the moment it seems continual…
I have two Gmail accounts and one Yahoo account using IMAP, syncing email only. Sometimes they work perfectly, but sometimes not.
At the moment, neither Gmail account will sync; I just have swirly circles next to the accounts in the left pane. Sometimes the Yahoo account seems to behave similarly but not so often.
I tried clicking the Diagnose in the account setup. Other than getting a tick, nothing else happened. Out of curiosity to see if Gmail itself was working, I loaded Outlook which immediately synced with the accounts and showed a test message obviously sent by the Diagnose process in eM Client.
Still nothing in eM Client, after at least 20 minutes of swirly circles.
I have quit and restarted eM Client a few times to no avail. Having said that, I just restarted it again and this time one of the Gmail accounts seems to have synced quickly, followed after about a minute by the Yahoo account. But my main Gmail account still won’t sync.
The Gmail settings for IMAP are “imap.gmail.com”, port 993, “Use SSL/TLS on special port (legacy)”. My user credentials are of course correct. I’m not trying to do anything ‘clever’ with the accounts.
OK, I’m working as I slowly type this message up.
I just enabled logging on the gmail account. Oddly, the instant I closed the account setup dialogue, the account synced! Nothing else was changed, I had opened and closed the same dialogue several times and have been watching the swirly circles for over twenty minutes. So long I think they have started to hypnotize me!
The Yahoo account seemed to be still stuck too, so I did the same with that, with exactly the same result of syncing immediately I closed the dialogue.
I’m still going to post this as there is clearly some issue.
Finally, I recall when I first installed eM Client (6.0.19714.0) and imported my accounts from Outlook, none of the IMAP accounts seemed to work for a while. I ended up playing with the IMAP settings (not much to do really) and even resetting my passwords on the accounts just in case. Eventually they seemed to just start working, with the settings I gave above which I think might have been what they were imported as.
Wow - that was a long-winded post!
Edit: Ten minutes later, my main account is stuck not syncing again.