GMAIL Account went offline

It doesn’t happen all the time but pretty frequently when I try to get my Gmail, I get a message that says the account went offline. When I check my old email app on my Android, my email is fine. But then I go back to em client and it’s about a little less than 50/50 that I will get my messages updated. I’m assuming a slight fix will be on the way soon

Interestingly enough, I am able to send but it does not retrieve any of my current mail in the inbox and says I’ve gone offline but again, I can clearly send email no problem.

I see the same. I think it’s caused by Android putting the wifi connection ‘to sleep’. However it automatically ‘wakes’ again - only emClient doesn’t correctly handle this and thinks it’s offline.

I have no idea if that’s what’s causing it. I even turned off my Wi-Fi and just wanted to see if 5G worked but I keep getting the same error message of the account going offline. The bizarre thing is that it literally allows me to send an email but will not load my inbox at all. So essentially, right now, the Android app is useless about 70% of the time.

It’s probably also important to indicate that this is only happening with my one Gmail account. I have a work account and two other Gmail accounts set up within the app and it doesn’t seem to be happening with those accounts at all.

The bizarre thing is that it literally allows me to send an email but will not load my inbox at all. So essentially, right now, the Android app is useless about 70% of the time.

It’s probably also important to indicate that this is only happening with my one Gmail account.

As it’s only happening with one Gmail account, I would suggest (if you haven’t already tried) to remove and readd that Gmail account that won’t receive mail via the automatic account wizard.

Go through “Menu / Settings / Add Account”

At the end of the wizard a browser popup should appear where you click on your Gmail account and then click Allow, to give eM Client access.