Global Address List for an Exchange server

How to view/access the Global Address List for an Exchange server? Email & calendar are working well but I just can’t seem to find how to get to the Global Address list.

Hi Luke, what version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check for the exact version number in Help > About? If you’re using the latest release of eM Client you should be able to enable Offline Address Book synchronization for your Exchange account in the Account settings.

If you have the service setup correctly all you should need to do is to enable the sync option and your GAL should synchronize with eM Client.

Hope this helps,
Paul

Hi Paul, unfortunately I can’t find the “Enable Offline Address Book Synchronisation” from the Account settings.

Hubert

Hello, are you using an Exchange account? If so, what version of Exchange are you using on your server are you an Office365 user? What version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check the exact release number in Help > About?

Note that this option is only available for Exchange account and “Offline Address Book” should automatically be available under the account settings for your Exchange account.

Regards,

Hi Paul, 

It is an Exchange 2013, non-Office 365 account. I’m using 6.0.22344.0

Having said that, Outlook Anywhere has been disabled for this account but not Exchange ActiveSync for “mobile” devices. Is the Global/Offline Address Book affected by this? I believe the Global Address Book can be accessed through EAS.

Hubert

Hello, eM Client does not use ActiveSync to synchronise your items with the server, make sure you have Offline Address Book enabled for Exchange Web Service protocol or that the service is accessible for your account - the option should automatically be available if you have it enabled on your Exchange server.

Regards,