Giving up and uninstalling. No support for serious Exchange calendar problem.

I am not sure how support is suppose to work. With eM Client seemingly randomly moving meetings I just cannot trust it. To bad because generally it looks like a good product … but how I any one stick with a product with serious errors and no support?

Hi Christopher,

I haven’t seen this error (‘moving meetings’) before mentioned here in this forum … can you please explain it in more detail?

Which version of eM Client are you using?

Hi, as I said I have replied to your original topic already, I can help you solve your issue there.

Jan

When opening a pre-existing Exchange (clone) created event, I have seen the Time Zone defaulting to UTC rather than my actual Time Zone. By watching the Time Zone, I have been able to avoid meetings being “moved.” You might look at the Time Zone on the events that you have seen moved.

Hi,would you be able to recreate this? I was not successful trying to do it…

Go to tools - settings - advanced, check Exchange Web Serivces under your account, apply and restart eM Client.

Simulate steps that leads to your issue and after that send logs… to [email protected] together with this topic’s URL in subject.

then you can turn logging off.

Jan

Jan,

Thanks for your interest. Since posting, I updated to version 6.0.19861.0. I noted this had several bug fixes regarding Exchange events. I’ve checked all my carried over recurring events and all show correct time zone (no longer UTC).

If I see this again, I’ll send a log file as you suggest.

Bobby

Ok, thank you for information.

Jan

Hi John,

I am having a similar problem with recurring Exchange calendar events being changed to a midnight start time, but I’m not confident that it’s related to UTC. I’m in CT timezone (-6:00), and regardless of the event’s start time, the start time is changed midnight.

The mysterious change occurred again this morning while the 6.0.19861.0 patch was installing. So, I can’t yet determine if that fixed the problem.

I’m in the process of editing/correcting the modified calendar entries and am seeing the following:

• Affects events that I created and that I’m invited to. (Event ownership/creator doesn’t matter)
  • only seems to affect recurring events
  • Start Time timezone on one of the affected events was listed as Nold_xxxxx (I fixed it but can’t remember the string, sorry)

Hi, I will need your Exchange logs, go to tools - settings - advanced, check Exchange Web Services under your account, apply and restart eM Client.

Simulate steps that leads to your issue and after that send logs… to [email protected] together with this topic’s URL in subject.

then you can turn logging off.

Jan