Formatting problems #2 with emClient calendar desciptions and html

Continuing the discussion from UPGRADE ERROR - Formatting problems with calendar appointments since latest version upgrade:

So now I’m using free version 8.0.3385 (83a873c) of EMC and, perhaps directly related to the above, have tried to insert a HTML link in a calendar invite in these times of remote working!

But invite arrives with meeting recipient as normal format text.10101 emc calendar html disable on format1
Then I remembered the above - changed the Gmail calendar setting in EMC to allow HTML links - and hey presto the old formatting problem is back (lots of html hieroglyphics) and the text I tried to send as hyperlink is still simply normal text - even though in meeting originator’s calendar the hyperlink appears correctly.

So no fix now for this new version of the above issue?

Perhaps an upgrade to v8.1 is something to give some thought to.
If you choose to upgrade, remember to do a BACKUP first!

Thanks, but last upgrade caused more problems than it solved. If someone can tell me this issue gets fixed I might consider it!

I can understand your reluctance to upgrade but I am not in a position to say, one way or another, if your issue is resolved in v8.1. Perhaps other volunteers will be!

Unfortunately, there is a lack of detail in the version-history such as “Hundreds of fixes and optimizations” .

Best of luck with your resolution.

I think for personal use, it is not something you should worry about too much. You get an excellent email client for free, so what if the odd Zoom meeting invite with a family member does not show correctly in your phone calendar?

I don’t think an upgrade to 8.1 will solve this issue. Maybe this will help:

Thanks for the feedback.

Not sure I agree with the suggestions that things will come with the next development, or that this isn’t worth worrying about! My frustration with this app - free or not, is for example, that it doesn’t do the basics right, consistently!
E.g if I cut and paste a hyperlink and I can see it in my email client, I expect it to appear the same way at the other end. And not have to spend time, wondering why what I sent isn’t what arrived!
I wasn’t asking for full web conferencing integration - that I might expect to pay for :=)
…Thing that bugs me with this app’ is that, as a user you’re never quite sure if there’s something you’re doing wrong / a well-hidden rule not set correctly that’s been overlooked. I just want the ability to log an issue or enhancement request and have it confirmed (replicate the error) that it’s the software not the user - this is what I’m used to. With this app’ there’s often a tendency to blame other linked app’s which muddies the water and wastes everyone’s time.
…Hence I still think there’s a bug that, in non-technical language, the way that EMC handles the detailed text from a calendar appointment is wrong in that it doesn’t deliver it to the recipient in the same way as intended by the sender (which has something to do with HTML) !!!

Please purchase a Pro License and then you can open a support ticket with eM Client.

Otherwise, using the application for personal use with a Free License, you do not have access to the company. This is explained and you accepted that condition when you installed the application.

Invitations are sent by the Google server for Google Calendar events, so the text and it’s format are placed in the the invitation by the server and not by eM Client.

This sample invitation was sent through eM Client for an event in a calendar on a hosted Exchange server:

Notice the link to eM Client’s blog, which I placed in the description in the original event, is underlined and is certainly clickable.

I know you don’t appreciate blame going elsewhere, but your issue is with invitations sent by the Google server. Maybe try creating the event on another provider’s server and see the difference.

Thanks for persisting. I see the logic of what you’ve explained and yes other similar tests by me using other provider / meeting organiser does seem to send the hyperlinked text.

The confusing picture for me, using EMC does however remain. To cap off the examples, if I if I send gmail meeting invites to a third party and to another (non-gmail) email account of mine maintained in a local Outlook client (I keep this as free EMC account doesn’t allow more than two emails) then this recipient gets a full hyperlinked meeting text - which surely based on what we’ve previously written should fail / be only simple text.

I also got a corporate meeting invite to my gmail account today and had the same problem as invitee, that I described at the start of this trail, that hyperlinked text was missing (this time as viewed in EMC)

Where these processing rules are being defined is at best opaque; if there’s a strange constraint in the google set up they do need to explain why they can / don’t aim to process exactly what the EMC client sends; conversely EMC needs to highlight that certain features might not always be consistently processed. But then in reading around this topic, since noticing it, I find this might not be the biggest practical issue with 100% consistent synchronisation with Google calendars - but that’s another story!

Thanks, but rather than pay to stay, I’m more inclined to take my data and leave for another app’. But I’ve now found that I can’t get my email data in particular out of emC without buying an extraction / conversion programme, which wasn’t something I’d considered when I started down the free email route.

eM Client doesn’t send, the server sends.

The list of public and private servers is almost infinite. Would you like to fund eM Client Inc. to test each and every one and publish a list of what each server can and cannot do?

If your data is synced with a server, you do not need to extract anything. Just setup the same account in your preferred application, and the data will be there. But many email clients do not offer the connectivity that eM Client does especially with calendars and contacts, or if they do, it is by paid options. In that instance, just export your data from eM Client. Every bit of your data can be exported, including your “email data”.