Formatting bug?

1. I create a new email with several bits and pieces copy-pasted from elsewhere.

2. I want to standardize fonts. So I “select all” and make everything Verdana 12.

3. However, it doesn’t work. Not everything that is selected changes.

4. If I select only the part of the text that looks off and attempt to change it, that doesn’t work either - in fact, doing so changes some of the text that was NOT selected…??

Using v. 9.2.2144 for Mac OS.

I create a new email with several bits and pieces copy-pasted from elsewhere.

However, it doesn’t work. Not everything that is selected changes

This can happen if you are eg: pasting in text from a webpage or other web based application, that has underlying html code so then changing fonts in eM Client doesnt or wont work properly.

So if you are pasting text from webpages or other web based applications, “before pasting into eM CIient”, paste it first into either the built in Mac “Textedit” program, or i recommend the “Textmate” program.

Either app “will strip out any non standard webpage underlying code” before going into eM CIient.

It’s actually happening when I am pasting from another message from within eM Client. This is problem.

It’s actually happening when I am pasting from another message from within eM Client. This is problem.

Sounds like then the other eM Client message had something non standard underlying in it, as normally any message originally created in eM Client and then pasted into another eM CIient blank new message doesnt do that for me when changing fonts using the same eM Client version.

I would for a test “create a new blank message” and type a couple of lines of text, and then “change the font on one of the lines”.

Then “create another new message” and paste the two lines into the new blank message. Then select all and make it the one font and see if it works.

If it still doesn’t, try closing eM Client and update to the latest Mac eM CIient ver 9.2.2230 from the release history page. Could be you possibly might need the updated version.

If you do update eM CIient, backup eM Client first via “File / Backup”. You can see when the backup is completed via clicking “Show Operations” in dropdown arrow on the right of Refresh top left. Also close eM Client before updating to the new version.

Lastly there is also a new V10 Beta for Mac just released if you also want to try that. See the following forum link below for information. It has alot of new features and user requested features.

Also if you do install the V10 Beta to try, backup first.

https://forum.emclient.com/t/update-your-em-client-10-beta-installations/95745

1. I tried your test and got the same bug. I actually pasted my test text into a reply to your email and then tried to change the entire reply to the same font; the test-text did not change.

2. I am downloading the update now. But that led to discovering another bug - I would have updated before writing up this issue, but my eM under “check for updates” returns, “there are no updates”

tried your test and got the same bug. I actually pasted my test text into a reply to your email and then tried to change the entire reply to the same font; the test-text did not change.

Ok that is strange. Hopefully the update will fix it.

The only other suggestions is to update your Mac to the latest OS if you havent already. Also try closing eM CIient and then go to Applications and drag the eM Client icon to the bin and then reinstall 9.2.2230

Note Dragging the icon to the bin doesnt delete the mail database. It will pickup again when reinstalled.

I would have updated before writing up this issue, but my eM under “check for updates” returns, “there are no updates.

Not all interium update versions are pushed to users automatically just incase of issues.