For a while now videotron email are not working

last version em client never had issue before but like 1 month ago it stopped getting those email from @videotron.ca now im not getting anything but i can send it from that server ive tested it with outlook it work and mail client on my phone but emclient wont let me see my email i was missing a lot plz any help ive deleted both account

What version of eM Client are you running ?

Also what are your acct IMAP or POP settings eg: Server address, Port and Security policy ?

Also do you login with a username or password or do you use an eg: OAuth token (passwordless) ?

Also are you running Windows or Mac and what OS version ?

Lastly click the dropdown on the right of refresh and click “Show Operations”. Then go to the “Log tab” and look for any obvious errors and update those in this thread. Blank out personal details.

9.2.1735 imap user name windows 10 that the prb no error

12:58:35 AM [email protected] IMAP Synchronizing folder list
12:58:35 AM [email protected] IMAP Synchronizing folder ‘/Inbox’
12:58:35 AM [email protected] IMAP Synchronizing folder ‘/Outbox’
12:58:35 AM [email protected] IMAP Synchronizing folder ‘/andre noel’
12:58:35 AM [email protected] IMAP Synchronizing folder ‘/chantal naud’
12:58:36 AM [email protected] IMAP Synchronizing folder ‘/Drafts’
12:58:36 AM [email protected] IMAP Synchronizing folder ‘/Junk E-mail’
12:58:36 AM [email protected] IMAP Synchronizing folder ‘/Sent’
12:58:36 AM [email protected] IMAP Synchronizing folder ‘/Inbox’
12:58:36 AM [email protected] IMAP Synchronizing folder ‘/Sent’
12:58:37 AM [email protected] IMAP Synchronizing folder ‘/Spam’
12:58:37 AM [email protected] IMAP Synchronizing folder ‘/teset’
12:58:37 AM [email protected] IMAP Synchronizing folder ‘/Trash’
12:58:37 AM [email protected] IMAP Synchronizing folder ‘/Trash/Junk E-mail’
12:58:39 AM [email protected] IMAP Synchronizing folder ‘/Inbox’

As there is no obvious errors in the IMAP log, and removing and readding the account makes not difference and you have a very recent version of eM Client for Windows, then I wonder if your Inbox mail is possibly automatically going in any other mail folder such as Junk mail or a different acct mail folder via a eg: custom rule in eM Client.

So if nothing in the junkmail folder, go to “Menu / Rules” and see if you have any automatic rules setup. You can (dbl-clheck the rules) in there to view them. Also in rules along the top via a drop-down, you can choose between local and server rules. Check them all.

If you cannot see any Local or Server rules setup, “uncheck all the rules in there to test” just incase. Then save rules and send yourself an email and see if it arrives. Manually click refresh.

yes i can send email yes i receive them but only on outlook or webmail access but emclient it a no go

Ok the only other thing I can think of why you are not receiving any email with no errors in your eM Client IMAP log and no rules in eM Client, and your Outlook and Phone do receive ok, is if you eg: have more than one email account at the same mailbox provider and eM Client is configured with the wrong account name where that mailbox then has no mail in that inbox. So dbl-clheck the IMAP account name is correct.

However if you have the correct IMAP account name in eM Client then update what IMAP server address, Port and Security policy you have in eM Client. Also is Outlook IMAP setup any different.

ill be damn only for my account but the setting wherre completely different then all the other computer to the same email seriously wow thank you it did fix it

justt to help other

setting are
imap.videotron.ca
port 993 ssl forced legacy
smtp.videotron.ca
port 587 force usage ssl

and now i can see it all

2 Likes

Great that your email is finally working again :slightly_smiling_face: