Font size setting preferences in emClient Mail

Hi there,

there is a wonderful option how to set the font as well as the font size of mails - for reading as well as composing in prefered style settings. If it would work, as it suggested.

I set eg Arial 18 point and get this (see the header size and in comparison the set font below for the text body):
Bildschirmfoto 2021-01-19 um 14.48.45

Then I set Arial 24 and get this (see the same header size and in comparison the set font below for the text body):
Bildschirmfoto 2021-01-19 um 14.48.24

In between - no effect or changes. There seem to be just these two effective size options - actually I didn’t check bigger or smaller sizes, due to the fact, that I normally won’t use sizes below 10 or bigger than 24 - to remember - just to read or compose a mail.

besides: the font size settings for composing mails can be set seemengly as prefered style.

Any suggestions?
Best
Felder

I’m not seeing that Romeo.

Here is a screenshot of a received message with eM Client settings Preferred Style text sizes 12, 14, 16, 18, 20.

Is this problem with a specific font? Mine above are with the default Segoe UI font.

1 Like

Oh my. Thanks for your answer, it seem to work beautifully in your environnement.
Font: Calibri. But as you gave the hint, I checked also other fonts - actually system fonts - Arial, Helvetica should be regularily supported. Not at all.

Effect: The preview font sizes change - seemingly - by chance, for instance: you set font size 12, the shown font size in the mail seems to be something like 12, but if you set 14, the font size does’t change. Then you set - to check the problem - onto 9, the font size seems to be 72 (!?), you set 24, the font size seems to be 6 (!?!?).

What a mess.

I seem to recall that you are using eM Client for Mac. If so, that, and the eM Client version difference, could be a major factor. I don’t have Mac experience on how it works with fonts, sorry.

Hey!

I face the same issue on a MacBook Air with the em- client font settings. They do not change the size as one choose them to be but increase to superbig letters. Or in another case, the font size shrink to a not readable size. This only happens with the em client (Ver. 8.2.1478) on OS Big Sur 11.5.2. On Win10, it works as expected.

Any chance to normalize that behaviour?

Thanks!
Peter

Hey!

Are there any news on this issue?

Thanks
Peter

On my Mac (Mac Mini M1, eM Client 9.0.661.0, Monterey 12.2) the font rendering in eM Client also seems to be totally buggy. The font I enter in “Preferred font for messages” is rendered completely wrong. If I select larger font sizes, the text is rendered smaller. It has the maximum size at 12pt, which is still too small for me. If I select more than 12pt, it gets smaller again. weird…

The following examples are with System-Font. With Arial or others the same. This happens just for Plaintext-Mails. HTML Mails with given font declaration are fine.

Font Size 9pt:

Systemfont_09

Font Size 10pt:

Systemfont_10

Font Size 11pt:

Systemfont_11

Font Size 12pt:

Systemfont_12

Font Size 14pt:

Systemfont_14

@juergenm

On my Mac (Mac Mini M1, eM Client 9.0.661.0, Monterey 12.2) the font rendering in eM Client also seems to be totally buggy

Email that V9 Beta font rendering problem feedback to [email protected]

1 Like

Not documented in Help but if you right-click in the message preview pane, the last menu item is “Zoom”. I’d inadvertently hit the shortcut key control± so my messages were illegibly small. Control++ fixed it.