Font size changes in sent email when viewed in gmail

So sometimes when I send emails (both new and replies) the font size is eM Client shows as all being the same but when viewed in gmail (which my company uses) there will be sections of the email with different font sizes. If I forward an email with the weird sizes to gmail then the weird sizes remain but if I forward it to eM Client then they are displayed normally.

I guess gmail and eM Client are viewing the text differently from each other but when the email was composed it was just just one block of text, I didn’t change anything or paste in anything. The only thing I can see that I might have done was to use bullets but even that is intermittent as I have examples where it changes mid-sentence.

What could be causing this and is there a setting I can use to to prevent it (forcing plain text for example)?

Thanks in advance!

This bug needs fixing. You can take special care to type a perfect email with EMClient and it looks like crap with random font sizes when received and viewed in Yahoo Mail and Gmail. Unless this gets fixed ASAP, I’ll be uninstalling, which is a shame.

Jonathan Crabtree
Mathematics Historian
www.twitter.com/jcrabtree
www.jonathancrabtree.com/mathematics/

I have also noticed this from time to time. It’s frustrating. When certain email correspondents reply with my original message quoted, sometimes I see that the font sizes in my message have gone haywire. It looks as if the sender did an extremely sloppy job of composing the message and didn’t care enough to fix his own mistakes. Very unprofessional-looking. But, the “unknown”: are these problems introduced by eM Client when it sends the mail, or are the recipients’ own email systems fouling up the received messages?

I had the same problem a few years ago with Outlook when I worked at a company that used Exchange Server. In those cases, no other system was interfering — it was an Outlook-and-Exchange-only sort of world. Fortunately, the problem eventually went away.

I ran a few test on this and composed an email and sent it to my gmail account on line,when received the font was different but there was nothing wrong other then it was a different font,all was in good order,i would look at your font settings etc in your gmail account, regards joe

I have the same issue and this  is a critical bug coming with the V7 apparently.   

Here the issue appears if I copy/paste texts in the message. Emclient doesn’t display the text formatting resulting of the copy/paste… You are stuck with the default font defined in the main settings …  When mail arrives in gmail (or others mailbox…) the html formatting of the text is visible --> this is why you see strange fonts size for some text or paragraphs.

I’ve noticed this bug last week. I have sent hundred of important mails that doesn’t look well; as result my messages look very unprofessional. 

I am so disappointed with the V7 and the lack of reactivity despite the massive complains…

If you are looking for a workaround … always paste with ctrl+shift+v to remove any text formatting. Or you can also switch the format to plain text to switch back to html. 

(if you are parano like me you may like to right-click in the message to display the source code and double check that no invisible html tags exists …)

If you are looking for a workaround … always paste with ctrl+shift+v to remove any text formatting. Or you can also switch the format to plain text to switch back to html.

I often do this. I have a shell script (useful for several purposes) that strips formatting from text in the clipboard. I’ll run it on whatever I’ve copied to the clipboard before I paste it back into an eM Client message window. But sometimes the problem arises afterward if I style the text within eM Client, rather than using the default font+size for all text in a message.

Hello everybody,

We’re sorry you’re experiencing this. Could we ask if this is something that only happens when you send the messages from a Gmail account? If you still have an example of a message that get displayed with mixed formatting in webmail but not eM Client, could you please export it into .eml in eM Client and send it to [email protected] with a link to this thread?

Thank you,
Maurice

Hello,

I am experiencing the same issue with the changes in font sizes. I love eM Client, but this is a bug that I can’t continue with. I have sent an email to the address in the message above; hopeful this will be resolved soon!

Thanks,
-Steve

Maurice writes:

We’re sorry you’re experiencing this. Could we ask if this is something that only happens when you send the messages from a Gmail account?

No, not only when sending from a Gmail account. So far, I’m noticing that these problems occur most often with mail I’ve sent to someone whose email is provided by Comcast.net. First, I notice that the font I used in the original message (Georgia) has been changed to some sans-serif typeface. This becomes apparent not in my “sent” folder but in the text I’ve written as quoted in his reply. The unexpected font-size changes appear intermittently within the quoted passages. It makes me wonder if Comcast is the source of the trouble. But with more than one person reporting the problem, I’m guessing that’s too simple a “diagnosis.”

I haven’t been able to send an example yet because the communications in question are confidential. If the problem surfaces in non-confidential mail, I will export an .EML file and send it to you.

But . . . if the culprit does turn out to be Gmail, which font-related settings should be changed in Gmail to work around the problem?

The issue isn’t specific to GMail.  I send out emails that look perfect and when I receive a reply back it has inconsistent font sizes.  The way to be sure your email will look as you see it when viewed on the recipient’s computer is by doing as mentioned above:

Always paste with ctrl+shift+v to remove any text formatting or right mouse and choose Paste as Text. 

Hello Steve,

Thank you for the file, I have passed it along to our technicians and will get back to you as soon as I have more information.

Regards,
Maurice

Hello everybody,

It turns out that Gmail webmail for some reason ignores the CSS formatting in the HTML header and therefore displays the text according to the properties with which it was copied into the message. We understand how this is inconvenient, we however don’t know of any Gmail settings that would change this.
The best advice we can offer right now is to paste using the already mentioned Ctrl+Shift+V or composing the emails in plain text.
There will however be a new feature in eM Client 7.1, ‘default paste format’ which should take care of this.

It’s probable that this is the cause of the issue in the other cases as well, if we get any more examples we can examine them.

Regards,
Maurice

Thank you Maurice,

I have changed the settings to always compose and reply in plain text–however I am still seeing these issues in the web gmail. This is embarrassing as it looks extremely unprofessional.

I’ve used a number of other email clients with gmail and have never had this problem. Is this issue specific to eM Client 7?

Maurice: as I mentioned before, I see this most often in messages that have been sent to Comcast.net, and when the recipient replies to me, quoting my original message.

If I’m going to compose in plain text, I might as well use some crude “sendmail” utility. One of the advantages of tools such as eM Client is having the ability to format text.

Always paste with ctrl+shift+v to remove any text formatting or right mouse and choose Paste as Text. 

Hi all,

This issue occurs whether or not I paste anything into the email. I have drafted emails entirely within eM Client with nothing but text, and I still get strange font changes in webmail.

I am very close to dropping it and paying $40 to switch to Postbox over this issue. However, I prefer eM Client and am wondering if the devs would make fixing this issue a priority if I purchased the pro version of eM Client instead?

Thank you,
-Steve

Yes this happens to me as well. I don’t think it used to before Version 7.

I am having the same issue. Please find below a screen shot with the varying font sizes. The screenshot is taken from the same mail. Please fix this bug as em Client is otherwise an awesome tool! :slight_smile:

GMAIL

em Client

Kind regards
Alex

still not solved.