Font mismatch between selected/displayed using EM Client with Exchange

I am currently using my work email (Microsoft Exchange) with EM Client, however I am having some trouble with displayed fonts.

I am able to change default fonts (to Tahoma) for sent messages and my signature, and they display without issues when using EM Client. However, my recipients always receive my emails displayed in Times New Roman, whether they are using the Outlook client, or the Outlook Web App. Have sent test emails to myself in Gmail and they are displayed in Times New Roman as well.

Would appreciate some advice in resolving this issue. Thank you!

Hi, are you composing your messages in HTML or in Plain text? If you’re composing messages in plain text, the setup font will only be displayed to you, but since plain text messages do not contain any information regarding styling of the message, they will be displayed based on a default font preference in other email clients as well.

Can you please check this setting under Tools > Settings > Mail > Compose?
Also what version of eM Client are you currently using?

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the reply.

I am composing in HTML. The version of eM client I’m using is 6.0.2.

Can you please tell me the exact version number from Help > About?
Also could you please make some screenshots of the issue between eM Client and possibly another email client interface (event Gmail webmail interface).

Thank you,
Paul.

The version I’m using is 6.0.21005.0.

These are my compose mail settings. Mail formats are all set to HTML.

Composing new mail - no issues, displays fine

Viewing received email in eM client - no issues, displays fine

Viewing received email in Outlook Web App - all displayed in Times New Roman

Viewing received email in Gmail - Body text displays in Gmail’s default font, while the signature displays in Times New Roman

I don’t have Outlook on the computer I’m using so I’m not able to provide any screenshots for that.

Thank you!

Hi again, I tried to replicate the issue by sending an email to my hotmail account and my gmail account, I’ve checked the received source of the email and it seems like everything is sent correct.

Can you please try to display the source code of the message in your Gmail/Outlook Web view as well and send the source code saved in a text file to my email ([email protected]) with a reference link to this forum topic?

I believe this issue might be caused by different font renderings based on the browser you’re viewing the message in.

Also make sure the message isn’t viewed in plain text in your Outlook Web App, I agree the message in your Outlook Web App seems to be incorrectly formatted.

Thank you,
Paul.

Paul,

You’re right, I think it’s a browser issue. I’ve been using Google Chrome and the email appears incorrectly formatted, however I just checked using Firefox and IE, both are displaying the emails correctly.

I can’t replicate the issue with Outlook at the moment, but I’m guessing it could be the way it renders fonts as well.

Thank you very much for the help!

Just wanted to add…Firefox displays all the formatting correctly. Gmail seems to display the body text as its default font no matter which browser I use, but it displays the signature fine in IE/Firefox.

Hi again, glad we’ve resolved this issue, you should be seeing the exact same in eM Client just as well as in IE, because eM Client is using some of IE’s components for example for image/text rendering and other important features as well.

Thank you for the update and please let us know if you come across any other issues or questions, we’ll be happy to help.

Regards,
Paul.