Flaw when exporting Contacts!

Has anybody also noticed that the field “Display as:” is…NOT being exported?? Indeed, I just transferred all my contacts to another computer and to my dismay I found out that by ALL addresses this specific entry was…BLANK, meaning that I have to edit now all my contacts accordingly!! So any feedback would be very much appreciated…

Hi,
how did you export your contacts? What format did you use?

Regards,

Milos Kovalcik.

Dear Milos,

Well, I open “Contacts” (on the bottom left corner of my eM Client, clicked “Edit”+“Select All” and then with the left button of my mouse I shifted all my contacts into a newly created empty folder on my external USB Memory Stick (“drag and drop”).

You see, all my address details were then absolutely correctly stored there…
EXCEPT for my entries I made under “Display as:” which were left all blank!

If you like to test above, just move one single address of your own contacts temporarily to an outside folder (like one on your Desktop) and then move it back to your contacts:
Afterwards, open up this (now) dublicated address and you’ll see what I mean…
(But beforehand you must have typed “something” into this field “Display as:”).

So thank you very much in advance for investigating “this” further…

With very best regards from Switzerland,

Philippe Borel

Hello Philippe,
this bug was already fixed and the fix will be included in version 3.1 which will be released soon.

Regards,

Milos Kovalcik.

Wow, GREAT feedback of yours, dear Milos; thanks very much!

Eh, perhaps “this” might also interest you (?) to know that “the same” applies as well for any entry under “GPS:” (at bottom line of left-hand column).

Best regards,

Philippe Borel

Thanks for this information. It will be fixed in v3.1, too.

Milos Kovalcik.

Cool, so thanks for your latest positive (and most speedy) response, dear Milos!

Hmm, may I now state “one more” issue with you, please?

You see, in the past I had once raised the following query and I’m now just wondering if “this one” will be possibly also implemented under this latest release v3.1:
I’m (still) missing the option to define a FONT COLOR under > Tools > Settings > Send > Preferred font for messages"…

With (renewed) best regards,

Philippe Borel

The problem was that it was impossible to define font color in templates without text. This problem is already solved and the fix will be included in v3.1.
So you won’t set font color in Tools > Settings > Send but you will be able to make the template with font definition and no text.

Hope you understand what I mean.

Milos Kovalcik.

Yep, I think I know what you mean and this would be a good “alternative” (I guess).

You see, currently I stored on my Template the word “Dear” in my favorite color.
So whenever I open up a new message body, I can usually just add “the rest”
which will be then automatically in the same such selected color (and font)!

However, unfortunately this “trick” will not work when I just click at “Reply”
(or “Forward”) to an already previously received email; though…

Philippe Borel

In version 3.1 there will be possibility to set standalone templates for “New mails”, “Replies”, “Forwards” and one more setting where you can choose “Mail format for reply” and possibilities will be HTML, Plain text, Autodetect from original message.

Milos Kovalcik.

Wow, you really “made my day” now, dear Milos!

So “congratulations” to you and the rest of your great team
for this real impressive email program of yours; okay!!

Philippe Borel