Flagged/Starred email not sync'ed to Gmail

I just noticed what I think is a new problem with 18025. If I flag/star a message in Gmail, the Flag is not sync’ed to eM. I’m not sure, but I think this worked in previous builds.

Send us your logs please: go to menu Tools->Settings->Advanced->Logging and check “IMAP” under the problematic account. Then restart eM Client, try to simulate the issue and send us (with reference to this topic) the logs using the same logging settings window. Thank you.

Log sent.

I received the following email explanation of the problem, and he requested I post it here.

Hello,
this happens because Gmail stopped sending of changed flags notifications statuses. The flags should get synchronized after eM Client restart.

Best regards,

Juraj Micek
eM Client

I confirmed this behavior - when I restarted eM, the flag was sync’ed from gmail properly.

This is not a Gmail issue. It is a bug in eM Client. I don’t know why they would say such a thing when all you have to do is test other clients and they work perfectly. I just tried a client called Mailbird and it works flawlessly! It detects both flagged status and the read status changes from the server in seconds.

Yes I know Mailbird is not as full featured as eM, and I wasn’t saying it is better, but if they can figure out how to get such a simple thing working, why can’t eM Client?

I was looking for an email client for my parents to use, and eM is out of the running now. Not so much because of this bug, but because eM simply chooses to ignore it. In other words, they don’t care that much about the customer experience and woudl rather focus on fancy features. What other basic features are they ignoring.

Hi, the fact that it works in other clients does not mean it is eM CLient’s issue. Yahoo has also problems with IMAP authentication and issue is clearly on their side.

Anyway this issue should has been resolved many months ago, do you still experience it?

Jan

I didn’t realize this has been fixed. Your earlier response just explained why it was happening. However, I can now confirm that it does sync properly in ver. 6. Thanks.

Thanks for the reply John.

I tried these features just before I submitted the post, with the latest version. Not hard to do, just installed the eM client and tested. Didn’t work. Tried multiple times.

I’m glad it works for you Mike. Perhaps it’s a Windoes version thing. I am using Windows 8.1.

I have since moved onto a different client that works flawlessly for me.

Simon

you are welcome :slight_smile:

Jan