Featur Request; Save as pdf

I always save important mails als pdf. It took me some time to find this option in the _Print _dialogue rather than under Save as. I can live with that. But what is awkward is that the default file name is always message.pdf, whereas when saved as .eml, the file name is derived from the mail’s subject line. I would like this also for saving to pdf.

And while I am at it, in my opinion “save as pdf” deserves an extra menue item, because it produces very good pdfs with all links intact, also the (hidden) links attached to logos, images etc.

Last year I sent this request to pro support, but I might be the only one with this request. So, I decided to publish it in this forum to see if there is any support from other users.

I think that save as pdf should be taken out back and shot.

Save as eml is the best way to save a message as it is completely intact in it’s original form. You can reply to or forward the saved file as easy as if it was in your Inbox. It can be opened by most email applications, and is easy enough to drop back into another email client if you want. It includes all headers to prove it’s authenticity, as well as message body and embedded content like attachments. It is the message, not a print. Let’s see a pdf do that!

But that’s just me. :wink:

I have subscribed to quite a few newsletters for my photography hobby. These contain many images that reside on remote servers. When I save as pdf, all images are embedded in the pdf. When I save as eml they have to be downloaded from the server, which only works as long as they still are on that server (some of these newsletters are more than ten years old by now).
As a private user, I have no problems with authenticity. That may be different for business users.

This feature is now implemented in version 8 beta.

Thank you for your reminder. I hadn’t discovered that, although I have been using the beta from day one. I did however realize that when saving as pdf via the print dialogue, now a proper file name is sugested rather than message.pdf