Fastwebnet email on version 7

Good day everyone, i have been a pro user since 2013 and at some point paid for the update to v7 and now, all of a sudden I cannot use the program anymore as my fastwebnet.it emails are no longer supported or generate some sort of error. Perhaps is there any setting I need to change?

The message i receive is: [IMAP] Cannot open folder “***@fastwebnet.it/Inbox/”. (unrecognized extra arguments to SELECT command).

my brother, also a paid user, has v8 and apparently with his version he can still read the emails.

Now, I have been paying for the pro version before but think it’s unfair i’d have to mandatory update to v8 to be able to read and send emails.

I hope there is a setting I can try to make it work or that the developer could fix it, i am not running a very old version afterall.

Cheers

Are you IMAP acct settings the same as your brother ?

If you have the same IMAP settings, then suggest to first check you have the latest eM Client version 7 incase you are on an older version and there might have been a fix with the version you have. The latest version for Windows atm is V7.2.50008 via the https://www.emclient.com/release-history If you do upgrade, make a backup first via “Menu / Backup”.

If you already have the latest version or doesn’t make any difference, suggest next to try removing your IMAP account and re-add as new as might just be some sort of local account login error. Screenshot or jot down your current IMAP and SMTP acct settings (before removing) so you can re-add when resetting up the acct. Again make a backup if eM Client first, before removing the acct.

If removing the account and re-adding still has the same error, could be that the newer V8 of eM Client is required as might be that the Fastwebnet.it server has been updated and you need a newer client to match. There definitely has been alot of new features and support in V8.

Googling around the net, alot of peeps use (the below) Fastwebnet.it IMAP settings. Check with your mail server technical support as well if any of the mail acct settings for clients have changed recently.

Fastwebnet.it IMAP Server imap.fastwebnet.it
IMAP port 993
IMAP security SSL / TLS
IMAP username Your full email address
IMAP password Your Fastwebnet.it password

Fastwebnet.it SMTP Server SMTP.fastwebnet.it
SMTP port 587
SMTP security STARTTLS
SMTP username Your full email address
SMTP password Your Fastwebnet.it password